Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate SAD! (long and ranty, of course)

My Seasonal Affective disorder has decided to start up early (it usually hits mid-Nov) It was really bad last weekend, which was terrible, because we went to the Pumpkin Fest in N.H. I had been looking forward to it for about a year (we had missed it last year)

Well, on the drive up and for half the day the bf was quiet, giving short answers...found out later that he wasn't feeling well. Fine, I'm quite too when sick, but I let people know I am not well instead of ignoring them Sadly, this ruined what was going to be an awesome day. I did talk (and cry) about it to him that night. He felt bad and was supportive.

Now though, and this seems silly, everytime I see something pumpkin I get bummed remembering, and this is bad because I am literally obessed with al thing pumpkin (the first site of them in fall is one of my favorite things). Trying to get over that, but its hard. And I have no Halloween plans yet, and it's my favorite day.

Trying to distract myself with new hobbies (eating healty, researching veggie/vegan foods, my lovely new Venus Fly Trap) but meh. Doesn't help that the weather is being typically New Engalnd right now...changing at the drop of a hat)

Hopefully this Sunday will be lovely, and I can go pick apple and get some more pumpkins.....weather gods, be good to me

Thanks for reading!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

SAD sucks, seriously. My wife has it, but luckily it doesn't affect her that much since we moved to south Florida. She did find out that recharging her solar batteries, usually with a trip to the south in January, will help it, a lot.

And stop talking about pumpkins.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I hope you can enjoy pumpkins before they all disappear this year.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post

I hope you can enjoy pumpkins before they all disappear this year.
        Aww, thanks I do have special meals planned for tomorrow:
        Pumpkin coffe + pumpkin soy milk
        Pumpkin bread

Pumpkin Soup

Field Roast "sausage" and brown rice

Booze, pumpkin+bailys, maybe some beer (depends what the Yanks do)

I need to get back hiking, help a great deal last year
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Ick, sorry you have to deal with that, Cat. Mine usually kicks in around November....I just don't get as excited about the holidays as other people. I don't begrudge people who love it, it's just not my thing.

I'm a sucker for Halloween though. It's my favorite day! None of the pressure for gifts or big dinner to make...just handing out candy or dressing up for a party. Can't wait And I love pumpkin, too!!!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I know it's been cloudy lately, but definitely try to get outside and spend some time soaking up UV rays every day. It's harder in the winter, but if you can stand the temp, wear a short sleeved shirt and try to get some vitamin D into your system.

More of the bright veggies help too. One of the reasons you may be so obsessed with pumpkin is because of how good gourds are for you, especially if you have a bit of a chemical deficiency. Switch it up a bit, though. Use some zucchini, acorn squash, butternut squash, and spaghetti squash to make sure you're getting a variety. Also up your spinach intake to make sure you're getting enough iron - anemia always worsens my depression.

Comment

The only advice I can give will contradict your vegan diet, so all I can say is get some exercise.
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Been doing the exercise and getting some sun (I didn't get out on my break today, but will be outside on Sunday)

Been drowning in green veggie lately....my grocery store has some of the best peppers I have ever eaten, and I do like spinach salad (I recommend Newman's Ginger Dressing....its yummy and addicting)

Thanks again Ikes....I need to stop posting and work!

Comment

AHA! Here we go! EPA and DHA are what I'm using to combat my depression, but I get mine from fish oil. There is a vegan version here.
                  I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                    AHA! Here we go! EPA and DHA are what I'm using to combat my depression, but I get mine from fish oil. There is a vegan version here.
                    Thanks I had forgote about that site.....I may need to pick that up

Comment

Working...
                    X