This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRRRRR

So, tonight, I got back to my dorm from a friend of mine's dorm. Not even two minutes after taking off my coat, I hear a voice say "Who lives in Room 216?"

Oh crap. I live in Room 216. My room mate is gone for the weekend. What do I have to deal with?

One of the RAs poked her head in and said "McGoddess?"

"Yes?"

"An envelope addressed to you was found in some trash that was in the recycling room."

Now before anyone goes 'That's not so bad. What's the fuss?', let me explain. We recycle here. Wing fines are given out if trash is found in the recycling room(one on each floor). Twice, trash has been discovered in the paper bin that is lined with a garbage bag. It has been noted that whomever is responsible for it will be fined. Now, trash has been found in the paper bin for the third time. Mixed in it: two envelopes that were addressed to me.

So in my mind, I'm going "OH SHIT! WHAT THE HELL?!"

I looked at the RA and say "Ma'am, can I see this?"

We went to the recycling room for my floor. In there, is a huge white trash bag.

"Is this it?"

"Yes."

The RA pulled out two envelopes, each one was addressed to me. In the trash bag, I saw trash that was not mine. How could I tell? Well, there was cardboard for a Chicken Ramen cup. I don't eat Chicken Ramen. I only like beef. There was a can of Arizona Iced Tea. I barely drink tea. I prefer my coffee.

"Ma'am. This isn't my trash. I don't eat this stuff."

"Your envelopes may have gotten mixed in with it, since this was in the paper bin. However, you may get an email from the Resident Director for a meeting. Just next time, check if there is trash before recycling so this doesn't happen again."

I said thank you and walked back to my room.

I am fuming. Out of all the papers in there, they only spot the ones with my name on it. No-one else's.

So, I am preparing myself for this meeting and my defense. First off, I'm going to call Roomie and let her know what is going on. She was the last one to take out recycling and trash. Since neither of us eats what was in there, it's not ours. I can have her come with me, so she can attest to it.

I'm going to take note of the two items that I saw in the bag and let the RD know that my Room mate and I do not consume those products.

I am going to let her know that the reason my stuff was in there is because I recycled like I was supposed to and it got mixed up with the rest of the stuff.

I am getting sick of being screwed over by this place. First, they don't assign me an advisor. So I can't enroll for next semester without a code that my advisor is supposed to give me. So now, I have to talk to my RD about that. Now, they are accusing me of putting trash with recycling and want to charge me $35 or more.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Welcome to college!

I got written up my freshman year of college because I was being too loud. The RA said she could hear me down the hall and I could be keeping people in my wing of the hall awake. When I informed her that I was literally the ONLY person there that night, she wrote me up anyway. Some RA's are cool (like the one's I drink with in my apartment) and other RA's think it's their job to bust people.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I don't quite understand: why are envelopes not supposed to be in the recycling? Or, if they *are*, why would they assume they had anything to do with the stuff that didn't belong there?
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
        I don't quite understand: why are envelopes not supposed to be in the recycling? Or, if they *are*, why would they assume they had anything to do with the stuff that didn't belong there?
        Envelopes are allowed in the paper bin, where I put them. It was mixed in with the trash and that's the only clue they have as to who did it.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

Ugh I am sorry...You know my story of what I got written up for hehe.

But college RA's, although nice, can sometimes be on a power trip.

And the RD's aren't any better. I had a power tripping RD write me up because I made too much noise walking back from class at NOON.

Welcome to college...where bullshit and bureacracy red tape reigns.
          Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

You could invest in a shredder. That way anything with your name on it should be shredded.
            "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

One of the dorms I lived in would fine you at the drop of a hat. One of the rules was: no mixing trash with recyclables. We constantly got that fine (which annoyed me, because I always separated)

One day while heading to class, I saw the cleaning lady take the recycling bag....and dump in into the trash bag....that's right....we did NOT recycle!! We just got fined for it. When I brought this up with the RD, she ignored it.

Got outta that dorm after that semester.
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09
                Now before anyone goes 'That's not so bad. What's the fuss?', let me explain. We recycle here. Wing fines are given out if trash is found in the recycling room(one on each floor).
                So does this mean if they find paper in the garbage, the entire wing gets fined if they can't figure out who it came from?

Yeah, that's a big part of college for ya: Red tape, bureaucracy, and rules created by busybodies that serve no purpose other than to generate revenue.

At least when I lived in the on-campus apartments, I didn't have to worry about fines if one stray piece of paper found its way into the trash. We took care of our own garbage.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The paper in the trash is not a big deal.

It's the trash being put in the paper recycling bin.

I will let everyone know what comes of this.

Comment

It has popped into my mind that there could be a possibility of someone taking McG's mail, then throwing it out.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No. I remember putting my envelopes in the recycling bin in my room and my roomie took out recycling to the recycling room.

Someone in our floor is putting trash in the recycling room, rather than taking it out to the dumpster.

Comment

I still don't understand: if the envelope was *supposed* to be where it was, why would they assume the trash was yours as well?
                        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                          I still don't understand: if the envelope was *supposed* to be where it was, why would they assume the trash was yours as well?
                          I'm guessing because her envelopes got mixed with the trash, or were at least the next thing down in the pile. Which, of course, proves nothing.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Come on now. What is that saying? "If it makes sense..."

I haven't received an email from my RD, so maybe they saw the logic in everything. It may have been that my envelopes were on top of the trash. Who knows. All I know is that whoever is pulling this crap will have their garbage bag put back in their dorm if I ever find out. No, I won't throw their garbage all over there room. I'll just neatly set it near their door, in the bag.

All in all, I'm sick of this dorm hall. I can't wait for when I get to pick out what dorm hall and room I can get next year. This hall is mainly freshman girls who haven't had to lift a finger in their entire life, so they just leave it for someone else to do. The dorm hall I want next year is so much better. The people there are upper classmen and my friend who lives there says that nobody pulls the crap that they do here.

Comment

Yessir Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope at the bottom of half a ton of garbage...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X