X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I have land....

another post made me ponder this...

When I have land....there are several things I'd LOVE to have (wistful thinking, dreaming, knowing that it is all hard work)

A large vegetable garden.....I have to grow some of my own food, and learn how to can and preserve

Chickens....raised for eggs and pets (yes, I know that can be a hassles, again this is just dreaming)

2 Alpacas....they are sooo cute, and I love alpaca wool

A border collie to keep all these critter in line

several barn cats.....because I am the crazy cat lady, and they will just come to me

The bf and I are joking about getting all of the above, and starting a crepe cart (filled with nutella) that will be pulled by the alapacas (and made with our chicken's eggs)

Anyone else have silly dreams that would be great if they came true, knowing it'd be hard work?
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Same here - garden, livestock, sheep (for herding), maybe even some angora rabbits.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Of course, in the "real-world," most of the places we are looking at aren't zones for livestock, so not sure (if) these dreams will be realized.....still, fun to think about
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Well, charlie, my border collie will never get old, and there will be horses. Specifically, Fresians, but not the sporty version they breed now, the ones that very similar to clydesdales and a pool and hot tub and a garden.
        I also want a mud pit... for mud fighting.
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
          Of course, in the "real-world," most of the places we are looking at aren't zones for livestock, so not sure (if) these dreams will be realized.....still, fun to think about
          My "If I had land" dream would be that said land would be up in the mountains, with tons of trees on the property, so that my house could be near the center of the 20-30 acres and I'd never see anyone unless I wanted to.

As for the use the land would be put to. I'm not much of a farmer, but I would probably have a summer garden, as well as a hot tub that looks out over the valleys that would have to be nearby.

Beyond that, I would tune the land to be used for LARP activities. I play in a largish LARP called the IFGS, and I would certainly run games on the place. I might even make areas where buildings could be put up temporarily.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
            I also want a mud pit... for mud fighting.
            I want front-row seats to your mudpit.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well, this has nothing to do with land, but singing professionally. Too much sacrifice. I'm no stranger to sacrifice and self-denial, but there are other things I'd rather do it for. However, my whole life I could always call up the mental picture of me on stage somewhere.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's weird. I have absolutely no desire to live in the country, or have a huge bit of land, yet I too have an idea on what I'd do if I had some...

Anyone ever seen the movie "Clue"? I want a house like that. Large, gothic/victorian. Secret passages, long driveway, the whole nine yards. And you know what? I'd probably get a horse, too. Just freaking because it'd be fun to learn to ride.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oh, secret passageways! Nice, and secret rooms?
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Secret passage ways are a must for large houses like that......it'd be great to freak out guests and such.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      Nice, and secret rooms?
                      Definitely. Either my bedroom or home theatre wouldn't have any obvious door. Maybe both.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

i want a to raise rabbits
                        though thats when i can move to an arizona mountain town (or finally am able to live my dream to live in Oregon)

right now i would just like some place where i can have wood floors, small furniture caus eim sick of HUGE couches and a cobble stone porch

Comment

I want a couple of huskies. It wouldn't be right to even get one given the cramped spaces right now.
                          put my dabbling into alternative energy into practice on slightly larger scales.
                          not off the grid or anything just see how much I can scale it up before things blow up in my face.
                          grow grapes for wine making. Never done it. tried when I was in my teens. My grapes of choice weren't suitable for the climate.
                          in the workshop keep an old metal lathe and mill for simple projects.
                          Not that I know much about metalwork but I could play in my spare time.

Comment

I know I'd love to have lots of animals. I like the secret passageways/rooms thing, so that'd be cool. I want a recording studio too, with lots of studio stuff and instruments (a grand piano, for instance! *grins blissfully at the thought*). Most rooms would be hooked up to the studio somehow. The wiring would be a huge pain, but it would be SO worth it.

I'd love lots of gardening space, maybe even some greenhouses so I can grow things that wouldn't otherwise grow. I'd love to have a room for art. One with big windows looking over the gardens, just to fuel the creative fire.
                            Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 10-26-2009, 12:54 PM. Reason: typo.
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                            X