This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of unique things I heard today

Across the courtyard here there is a 2 bedroom apartment that is chock full of African refugees. There's about 9 or 10 people, mostly kids, living in this 800 odd sq.ft. apartment. They've been standoffish, the kids don't want to play with anybody outside of their group, they don't even like to meet our eyes. My son has been out there and tries to play, but they run away from him. It's the damnedest thing, and it has honestly ticked me off more than once. Well, Mom got a nice surprise today while walking Max. A couple of the littler kids (7-8ish) came over to pet Max (something they have never been allowed to do) and from their apartment you could hear a very loud argument going on. These kids looked my mom in the face and said, in perfect English, "Our dad is getting remarried again, but our other two mommies don't like it at all."

AH-HA! Well, that explains a whole hell of a lot! I hope the new wife understands that if her marriage takes place here in the US our govt. will not recognize it. The other two women are okay as long as they were married in Africa. So, it isn't that they are rude or not proficient in the language, they're polygamists who probably think they will be shunned like crazy if they're found out. I can't say their fear is entirely unfounded, but personally I could give 2 flips as long as everybody gets treated well and nobody goes without. Live and learn I guess. I sure hope wife #3 knows what she's getting into and that husband realizes that it's wives #1 and #2 who rule his life, and not the other way around.

The other fun thing I heard while I was out today grabbing a sandwich after a trip to the park. I was nabbing a refill on my diet coke and there was this skinny cowboy-looking person getting a sandwich. The lady behind the glass was REALLY enthusiastic about her job and was just BURSTING to help you. Very nice girl, but she talked entirely in exclamation points.

"WOULD YOU LIKE SOME DOUBLE MEAT ON THAT SANDWICH?!"
    "No, not today."
    "CAN I INTEREST YOU IN DOUBLE CHEESE?!?!?"
    "Naw, I better not."
    "HOW ABOUT SOME NICE CRISPY BACON?!?!?!?!?!"
    "Better not, I had a heart attack on Wednesday and I'm trying to take it easy."

Yes, you read correctly- he had a heart attack on Wednesday and was at Subway picking up a sandwich on Saturday. Now, I've never had a heart attack (despite my son's efforts) but I understand they do not exactly tickle. For someone to have one on Wednesday and be griping about it at Subway on Saturday is pretty insane.

Get the bacon, Dude, I don't think mere pork fat can stop you. You might be immortal, or possibly Chuck Norris, the guy never turned around so I cannot confirm it either way.

Makes me wonder what I'll be privy to at the zoo this evening when I take my little guy trick or treating there tonight.
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Quoth TTAZ View Post
    Yes, you read correctly- he had a heart attack on Wednesday and was at Subway picking up a sandwich on Saturday. Now, I've never had a heart attack (despite my son's efforts) but I understand they do not exactly tickle. For someone to have one on Wednesday and be griping about it at Subway on Saturday is pretty insane.
    You may be surprised to know that there are such things as minor heart attacks. Such that his having one and being up and about three days later is not that odd a thing. No, seriously. And if that did happen, if he did have a (presumably minor) heart attack over the weekend, and was diagnose and appropriately treated by docrtors, it makes sense for him to not have bacon or any extra fat.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
    X