X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been biten by the Aero-bug.

Big time.

Two weeks ago I got an Aerogarden from Amazon.com for $105 (7 pod) and the salad greens kit. It's been doing exceptionally well. No harvesting yet but I'm sure i can within a week, two tops.

I like it so well that I got two more 3 pod Aerogardens ($30 at their site) plus the salsa kit. I'm even considering getting a third 3-pod one when I get paid next week.

Yep, I've been bitten by the bug.
    Last edited by draggar; 10-25-2009, 01:36 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Its worth it, in my opinion. I've had a pretty successful harvest of herbs this whole last year. Its been amazing.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I've been eyeing those for so long now, but just have not had the money to afford them. but one of these days...

<envious sigh>

Comment

I'm putting them on my Christmas List again this year so the In-Laws (mother/father/bros) can get me it.

They seem fantastic! I want some fresh herbs without paying out of the wahzoo for the stuff in the grocery stores.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          I've been eyeing those for so long now, but just have not had the money to afford them. but one of these days...

<envious sigh>
          http://www.aerogardenoutlet.com/prom...arden.com&st=0

Plus Amazon.com has the 7 pod for about $100 now - great price for it.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Alas, I don't even think I have $30 in my bank account at this point...

BUT, my birthday is a week from tomorrow. While I don't feel that even if I told my family about this site they'd get it in time, maybe if I get some birthday moneys...hrmm... possibilities.

Thanks for tempting me, draggar.

Comment

I have 6

My genovese basil is the bomb, we *have* to make spaghetti at least once a week with the top 4 inches of it or it grows into the light and burns the poor little leaves on top. My tomato plant is insanely fast growing, but it sucks up the water and nutrients like there is no tomorrow.

Salad, nomnomnom =) and herbs for dressing, and I just planted green beans and a white habanero plant.

and it keeps me from getting SAD in the gloom of winter!
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That's right, AccountingDrone... Rub it in...

I really really really want some...for the salad, herbs and tomatoes? Ohh, I buy SO many tomatoes on a weekly basis, one of my FAVORITE things to eat!!

Comment

Sadly, you can't mix in match herbs with veggies with salad greens.

(Hence why I am getting two 3-pod ones and maybe another one).
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I know you can't mix or match, but the thought of having enough to get all 3? Ah, what a dream.

Comment

First harvest! I vut back the lettuce and had some as is (nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom) plus I had a sandwich with a lot of it - wow is it good!!
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I have decided this is what I will be buying when I have the money:

* Salsa Garden Seed Kit (7 pod) since I just finished my last batch of aromatic herbs and washed out the areogarden. I find that I find myself drying a lot of the herbs because we don't use them fast enough and I'm constantly buying tomatoes/peppers. why not switch it out, no?

* replacement bulbs as it is time to replace them in a few months.

* Another 7 pod aerogarden.

* Spring & autumn bouquet to beat the winter blues. (The consumables are great, don't get me wrong and the green helps in these cold months but I miss my color!)

* a three pod garden

* Fresh Tea Seed kit. We're a bunch of tea drinkers in this casa.
                        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          That's right, AccountingDrone... Rub it in...

I really really really want some...for the salad, herbs and tomatoes? Ohh, I buy SO many tomatoes on a weekly basis, one of my FAVORITE things to eat!!

I adore my hydroponics ... I dont have space for them but I designed a similar hydro system to grow 45 heads of boston butter numminess ... it has a 45 day growing cycle, so I would plant them a few at a time, and then as I harvested my daily salad, I would stick in another seed for the future salad... *sigh*

If we move to a much larger house, the one my great grandfather built, I would have a perfect spot for it, the servants nook off the kitchen. And I could put the rest of the aerogardens on the other 2 walls.Talk about a little slice of heaven
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I just got an AG-7 that was purchased this summer off of Craig's List for $45. No seed kit but other than that and it's a little dirty it's in great shape - working well (no pods but the pump is working).

I can't wait for my salsa kit to come in this week!!

Angelic - look on CL, I'm sure you can find some there cheap! The 3-pod gardens are on clearance at the Aerogarden store for $30 each - incredible buy, I bought two and I'm thinking of buying 1-2 more!

These things are like rabbits!
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

If anyone wants to see how my collection is (and has been) growing:

http://www.aerogardengrowers.com/ind...ic,2841.0.html
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                              X