This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeff Dunham show

Is it just me or was the show not that great?

Honestly, his comedy is best for the stage.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

All I've seen of it has been the commercials, and the very beginning of one episode (because I was watching whatever was on before it and hadn't changed the channel yet). I love him but what little I saw did not draw me in.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My mom and I both watched it Thursday night when it premiered and we thought it was kinda cute.

Myself, I can't decide which sketch was funnier:

Walter and Jeff at the therapist

Peanut's date with Brooke Hogan

BubbaJ at the shooting range

or Achmed's standup comedy DVD

We can't wait to see how the next episode turns out . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm leaning towards his comedy is best for a special stage thing -- the show had moments, but it seemed to force the comedy. I think one of the characters being in shock he had a show (think that happened) sums up my opinion: he's great on stage (only seen TV versions of course), TV show, not as much.

It may improve though.

Comment

It was okay. But it definitely needs a change. He either needs to focus more on the stage part of the show, making the sketches an adjunct to that, or he needs to drop the stage part entirely and do nothing but sketches.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

It's was ok. It had funny moments, but it was just meh to me. I think he should just stick to stage.

Comment

I was really disappointed in how that show turned out. I'll continue watching his comedy specials (on stage), but I won't be watching The Jeff Dunham Show again.

Comment

It wasn't as funny as his stand up, but I'll watch it, for however long it runs.

The sketches were pretty funny though. Bubba J at the shooting range. Achmed putting peanuts in the guacamole so he could have the date with Brooke Hogan instead of Peanut.

I thought that Peanut's peanut allergy was a bit ironic,no?
                "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I tend to think that his comedy is best left in the trash where nobody will be force to sit through it, so the low quality of the show was no real surprise to me.

Yes, before people start on me, Ah Med the dead terrorist was pretty funny the first time I saw him. For all of two jokes. Then he got old, and none of the other puppets really grabbed me. Sorry, but better comedians have tried, and failed, to make sketch shows.
                  "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I recorded the premiere, and watched it later...

Ugh... that was unimpressive, and bland as all hell. The sketches weren't funny. Just, not. And, he's using all the same old jokes he has been using since the beginning of his 'career'... bleh.

I'm going to avoid it.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

What channel/time?????? How did I miss this???? DH and I are BIG Jeff Dunham fans. He's sooo much fun live!
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                        It's was ok. It had funny moments, but it was just meh to me. I think he should just stick to stage.
                        I thought the same thing when they tried to give George Carlin a TV show.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          They tried to give him a tv show?! Yeah I don't see that working for him either. Successful stand up comedians should stay away from tv.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            His memior comes out next week
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Episode 1 was kinda blah in my opinion. Ep 2 was better. Ep 3 improved significantly. Let's hope the trend continues.

Comment

Working...
                              X