This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new way to have over easy eggs

I really like eggs, but I have trouble seasoning them correctly to my taste. I think without anything on them, they're a bit bland. But, a little salt goes a LONG way and I think eggs get too salt very fast and that completely ruins the taste for me. I found this "recipe" a couple weeks ago and I've had it at least 3 times so far: Soy sauce!

Toast a couple pieces of bread. When they're done to your likeness, top them with a bit of honey.

Meanwhile, fry a couple of eggs over easy. When they're getting about as set as you like them, sprinkle with ground black pepper and a few shakes of soy sauce. Top each piece of toast with an egg and break the yolk to cover the honey. Yum!

The soy sauce gives it a good flavor without making the eggs taste completely like salt, which is the problem I have most often when using salt by itself. Has anyone else ever had eggs this way?

My personal favorite way to make eggs is to scramble them and while they're cooking, top with a couple sprinkles of Old Bay seasoning. Interesting idea with the soy sauce though.

Comment

I just do plain salt & pepper with my scrambled eggs. Sometimes I do dip a bit into excess maple syurp (the real kind) from my waffles.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Im so trying this!! I'll let you know what I think about it!! mmm soy sauce
        Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

I usually eat my eggs scrambled with ground beef, or mixed with a little ranch dressing and cheese mixed in. I might try your recipe though, sounds interesting.

Comment

Scrambled eggs. Two eggs, about a tablespoon of milk, a pinch of salt and pepper. Halfway through cooking, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

It sounds like the honey and soy sauce in conjunction with each other is what makes this work so well. The sweetness of the honey combined with the salty and slightly sour flavor of the soy sauce balances out.
              I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                Scrambled eggs. Two eggs, about a tablespoon of milk, a pinch of salt and pepper. Halfway through cooking, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese.
                Add in a pinch of oregano and take out the salt and that's my breakfast!
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I put salsa on top of my scrambled eggs, sometimes with sour cream and/or cheddar cheese.

Soy sauce sounds weird, but good. I'm going to have to try it.

Comment

The first time I tried over easy eggs with soy sauce, I didn't put honey on the toast. It was still good, but the honey makes it even better since it gives it the sweet/salty combination.

I also like scrambled eggs with various things in them. Sometimes I make scrambled eggs with ricotta cheese -- it's an interesting taste.

Comment

Scrambled, with a splash of milk, salt and pepper, on buttered toast.

Or, hard boiled, chopped up, mixed with mayo, salt and pepper, on wheat bread. Which will be my lunch tomorrow (assuming I get around to peeling the eggs tonight).
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The best way to correct the bland problem is to use cage-free eggs. They taste like an egg should, and perpetuate less cruelty for the chickens.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, my eggs got put in the fridge...I'll have to turn them into salad tomorrow.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            The best way to correct the bland problem is to use cage-free eggs. They taste like an egg should, and perpetuate less cruelty for the chickens.
                            Better yet, do what we did - get your own chickens.

4 bantam roosters, I think 1 is laying now (1 is too old, 1 never laid, and 1 is too young).
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                              Better yet, do what we did - get your own chickens.

4 bantam roosters, I think 1 is laying now (1 is too old, 1 never laid, and 1 is too young).
                              Roosters? Laying?

Cockatrice alert!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X