Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    Roosters? Laying?

Cockatrice alert!
    Oops, I meant hens.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I mince quite a bit of fresh garlic into my scrambled eggs. Pinch of salt and grind up fresh pepper and they are very tasty.
      Extra good when combined with a freshly made toasted bagel.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
        I put salsa on top of my scrambled eggs...
        I've been putting salsa on my eggs for years. Hell, I AM from Arizona, ya know.

What's funny is that out in Zona, there are many breakfast places that will actually put little jars of salsa out on the table with the salt and pepper--it's just another condiment.

Here in Florida, I occasionally get weird looks when I do this, but not that much, especially with the strong Spanish influence in this state, and the large number of people from everywhere else in Key West in particular.

I have, however, had amusing experienced in the Northeast, where on several occasions, servers have not only given me weird looks, but stared at me suspiciously, and actually repeated my request back to me to make sure they heard right....I actually wanted salsa? For my eggs? And that kind of annoyed me. Not the part where they were stunned by my dining habits, but the fact that they would question me about it. Look, if one of my customers asks for ketchup for their roasted chicken, drawn butter for their fries, or ranch dressing for their shrimp, I don't question them....I just bring the stuff. I may laugh at them back in the kitchen, but I still bring them their desired weirdness. (But I guess that is a bitch for another day.)

Ya know what else goes great with eggs, with or without salsa? Beer. Seriously. Beer and eggs rocks. And I don't mean cooking the eggs in or with beer. I mean drinking beer as your beverage with your breakfast. Yes, I am absolutely serious.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Look, if one of my customers asks for ketchup for their roasted chicken, drawn butter for their fries, or ranch dressing for their shrimp, I don't question them....I just bring the stuff.
          What, exactly, is "drawn butter" anyway? I've often heard the term, but I'm not quite clear on what it is.

Oh yes, eggs ^_^

I like to fry eggs in bacon grease with a touch of salt and pepper.

For scrambled, I usually use salt, pepper, ham/bacon pieces (not bacon bits, but real crumbled piggy), a dash of Worcestershire sauce, a tiny splash of cold milk, and a teaspoon of cold water right before tossing into a pre-heated pan. I had heard that adding the water makes it *less* likely to get runny, and it's been working so far. Couldn't tell you why, tho.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            What, exactly, is "drawn butter" anyway? I've often heard the term, but I'm not quite clear on what it is.
            Melted butter, or sometimes clarified butter (clarified butter, for reference, is butter that's been melted and reduced, with the milk fats removed, so that the end product is just butter fat.) It depends on who you talk to. Most of the time when I've had it at restaurants, it's just melted butter. It's mostly served with white seafood like shrimp, lobster, crab, and haddock.

Comment

Working...
            X