This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I do things like this?

I watched "Amityville Horror" the one made in 1979 late last night and had to leave the hall light on to sleep. Why do I do these things to myself?

Yes, I know there is controversy on if it's true or not, but it still scares me, deal.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

I'll offer my sympathies. I can't empathise, though, as I've never had a horror movie scare me, not once. Startle, yes, during the movie. Scare, never.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

The move has a demon named "Jody" that scares the bejeesus out of me every time I watch it. I have a deep seeded fear of demons that I can't shake. I think it's from being raised in a very strict Christian church that warned of demons around every corner.

I know now that it's silly to fear to such things, but it's the one thing I can't shake off from the church I was raised in.

Go ahead and make fun of me, it's okay.

Comment

I read the book back in the 70's when it came out and for weeks, I was scared to be at home alone, even during the day. Yep - it scared me bad.
        "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

i watched 1408, in the middle of the afternoon, with all the lights on, and my mother playing a video gam on the computer behind me
          i still freaked out.

i understand

Comment

When I was a senior in college, I lived with 3 of my friends in senior housing, which was a townhouse complex. Our particular unit was an upstairs flat (the downstairs unit on either end of our row was a handicapped-access, so there were four flats and we were upstairs). Anyway. The main room was the living room, with the kitchen at the end, and there were two bedrooms (two people in each). A small place, nothing creepy about it (except the spiders but they stayed at the bottom of the stairs)....

I was taking a Victorian Lit as an independent study, and I had to read this really creepy short story (can't remember the title). One night I was home alone, and I was reading in the living room, and my roommates' bedroom door was open, and I could see the open doorway from my spot on the couch. Normally I don't go for scary stories and stuff, but they dont' really keep me up at night, either. But I got all creeped out reading this story, alone, dark outside...and I had to close their door.

One of the roomies who lived in that room had taken Victorian Lit a year or two before (I had been unable to fit the class into my schedule, hence my independent study)...when she got home she noticed that the door was closed, and knew that it had been open when she left, and other-roomie-in-that-room had not been home all day, so she asked me about it. So I had to tell her I was reading a creepy story...and she knew which one it was, too.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

God 1408 totally messed with my head
              I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

'Salems Lot at ten

When I was ten years old, I saw " 'Salem's Lot" on TV. Scared the crud out of me. I couldn't sleep without the lights out for over a week. In between the kid vampires and the Orlok-esque head vampire...those garlic-dodgers were freaky.
                Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

my ex and i rented "I Am Legend" not knowing it was a horror flick. I just saw "Will Smith" as the lead and I knew I hadn't seen it yet. I love anything with Will Smith and had seen a few short trailers of this movie.

Then I watched it.

I ended up staying up another 3 hours reading Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban to get my mind to stop playing the scenes in the movie. I would have nightmares because my mind is so creative that I would end up screaming in my sleep and waking the whole house!
                  "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Listen, Jody is freaking scary.

I'm just saying.

Do yourself a big favor and don't watch The Exorcist.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      I'm a big fan of horror movies but The Exorcist scared the crap outta me. I was a teenager when it came out (yeah...I'm old) and went to see it with my future hubby. It was and still is the only movie that ever scared me.
                      Retail Haiku:
                      Depression sets in.
                      The hellhole is calling me ~
                      I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        Listen, Jody is freaking scary.

I'm just saying.

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks Jody is outright scary.

I have no plans of ever watching The Exorcist. I would never get any sleep!

Comment

I saw house on haunted hill, that freaked me out, I had to cover my eyes through most of it. I am a big baby, the first time I watched sleepy hollow I had to stop it part way through cause it freaked me out too much. Took like a year to actually get back and watch the whole thing.
                          It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                            Yes, I know there is controversy on if it's true or not, but it still scares me, deal.
                            If by "controversy" you mean "admittedly made up from whole cloth," (#1) then yes.

But! I don't think whether something's based on a true story or not has anything to do with how scary it itself is. I've heard the original is quite good, but I've only seen the remake. It sucked. Hard.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Broomjockey, I have watched both the original and the remake. You're right about the remake! The only similarities between the remake and the original are that the characters have the same names. I'm glad I didn't pay to see the remake because I would have been upset that I paid money to see it. The original is very well done and a whole lot better than the remake.

I have always thought that George and Kathy Lutz made up a large part of what happened because they changed their minds about living in a house that just the year before was the scene of a man killing his parents and his siblings. I have wondered why their children have not stepped forward and told us all what really happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X