This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V & Red Dawn

I am actually looking forward to these remakes.

V starts next Tuesday at 8PM (EDT - probably local time, too) on ABC.

I'm sure Morena Baccarin will make a good "Anna" (formerly known as Dianna). I'm sure you Whedonites remember her as Inara and Gaters remember her as Adria.

Red Dawn is looking good but I just hope it doesn't go too far. At least there are no huge stars in it so I'll give it points for that.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Didn't they already remake "V"... and call it "Independence Day"?

As for "Red Dawn"... WHY? Part of what made that movie successful was the paranoia of the Cold War... what will they use to substitute for that?
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
      Didn't they already remake "V"... and call it "Independence Day"?
      Completely different IMO. V was about them coming down and supposedly being our friends and it was an underground movement that fought them. Independence Day there was little question to their motives.

As for "Red Dawn"... WHY? Part of what made that movie successful was the paranoia of the Cold War... what will they use to substitute for that?
      I think it was a good movie and I heard this time around it is the Chinese who invade us and they've "modernized" it.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
      X