This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Calling Me!

I'm seriously getting irritated, a lady called me from Florida offering me a trip to Orlando, fort Lauderdale and a cruise through the Bahamas, apparently my name was selected from somewhere, all I have to do is pay for my airfare over, oh, and she needs my credit card no, don 't bloody think so.

I politely declined and hung up, but she rang back, not once, not twice but so far three friggen times, telling me how wonderful this trip and how it's a great deal, I had to disconnect my phone, I've just reconnected it and probably going to get another phone call.

Look lady i've said no three times, leave me the bloody hell alone, I can't afford a trip to America even it I have 18 months to use it, it ain't gonna happen.

If she rings back, i'm totally going to give her a serve, don't care if i'm being scish
    Last edited by Dips; 10-27-2009, 12:51 PM.
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
    all I have to do is pay for my airfare over,

You told her no three times, me thinks it be a scam since if it WERE a legal telemarketer call they would have taken no for an answer the first time.
    Hmmm, for laughs ask her if its such a great deal why keep bothering you surely someone ELSE would want in on this? That sometimes throws people off.
    Last edited by Midnight12; 10-27-2009, 03:16 AM. Reason: Did not mean to quote the whole thing

Comment

My GOD, the stupid bitch called back! I've had it, I told her if she calls again i'm calling the police and she cow laughed at me, I'm thinking she doesn't think i'm serious, my fingers are itching to call triple 0 (Australian emergency line)
      I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Can you call your telco and ask them to block the number?
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

You said no once - calling after that IS harassment. If you have their number, call your local police and file a report.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the police, not much they can do if your harasser is in another country. However, this may help: It's an online FTC (Federal Trade Commission) complaint form for cross border complaints about trade practices. https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
              I wouldn't bother with the police, not much they can do if your harasser is in another country. However, this may help: It's an online FTC (Federal Trade Commission) complaint form for cross border complaints about trade practices. https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
              SSG is in Australia...

Seriously, do whatever you can to report her for harassment.
              Testing
              "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Yes, I understand that they are in Australia, but if this is a company operating in the U.S. (which they would be if based in Florida,) they fall under the jurisdiction of the FTC. And yes, the FTC DOES investigate complaints against companies operating in the U.S. filed by foreign citizens. Bluntly, if they keep calling from the U.S. after you have told them specifically not to, they are in violation of U.S. law and the FTC can deal with that.

Comment

Well, that is a scam, so no point trying to go the legal route.

Ask her what she's wearing and tell her to hold on while you take off your pants.

Comment

Give her the inigo montoyez treatment. "My name is inigo montoyez prepare to die" over and over again and see if you can get her to say: "stop saying that"
                    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

It's definitely a scam. I've gotten calls from them offering me a trip to Florida, and I live in Florida.

Comment

Working...
                      X