This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me sleep

So it's starting to warm up around here. We still do get the odd cold spell, but it's starting to heat up to the point where I can wear a t-shirt and jeans.

Our two cats, Mitchell and Oscar are also starting to feel the heat. Mitchell's a 5-year-old Tonkinese and somewhat bulky (not overweight, it's just his breed, we let them run around quite a bit and we don't overfeed them.). Oscar is a 4-year-old Russian Blue, who has a double coat (again, breed).

In winter time, Mitchell tends to curl up under the blanket on my parents bed, where it's nice and warm (there's the comforter then there's a lap quilt/blanket on top). Occasionally there wil be a paw sticking out. This morning when I went to check up on where they were, I found Mitchell with his head and one paw sticking out. To me, he looked like a teenager just begging for sleep, or even more human than we thought.

Also, I'm aware that you guys aren't vets, but any tips are appreciated in the following areas:

1) We got Oscar when Mitchell was about 6 months old and he'd gotten used to being the sole cat for 4 of those months (both kitties we got from breeders, Mitchell came home at 8 weeks, Oscar at 12 weeks). We have 3 litter trays in the house and Oscar does use them occasionally, but we've found times where he's urinated or defectated outside of his litter tray, in another room of the house (their food and litter trays are located in the study area since that and the master bedroom won't set alarms off). It's gotten to the point where we need to keep any and all doors closed when we're not around. Any tips to stop this? (both boys are desexed)

2) This is more recent. We have a cat playground that my dad built out of some old drawers, a kitty playset and a couple of scratching posts. One of the scratching posts on the original kitty playset has a spot where they can perch. Mitchell likes to perch on this one. sometimes he'll jump up, but other times, he'll sort of drag himself up to the top. (i.e he'll reach up, stick his front paws up, dig his claws in and then drag up) Is this normal?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I don't have any advice on litterboxes but picturing kitty in bed like that is funny

I used to wake up once in a while to Pablo lying on his back (which he only did in his sleep; otherwise he hated being on his back) with his head on the pillow next to mine. Sometimes the blanket would be pulled up to his chest with his paws curled over the edge.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      2) This is more recent. We have a cat playground that my dad built out of some old drawers, a kitty playset and a couple of scratching posts. One of the scratching posts on the original kitty playset has a spot where they can perch. Mitchell likes to perch on this one. sometimes he'll jump up, but other times, he'll sort of drag himself up to the top. (i.e he'll reach up, stick his front paws up, dig his claws in and then drag up) Is this normal?
      It's definitely normal. It's sort of like exercise, like a human doing pull-ups.

Comment

Quoth Ratha View Post
        It's definitely normal. It's sort of like exercise, like a human doing pull-ups.
        Yeah, as long as he doesn't seem to be injured or ill otherwise, I'm sure he's fine.

Comment

From what I know, he's fine.

Tonight, I learnt something as well, that seems to be an inherited trait apparaently.
          Our previous cat, Harrison, used to bat at and play with hot chips.

Now Oscar was poking at half of a Roasted potato. Mum had to stop him and warn him that he doesn't eat potato.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            Now Oscar was poking at half of a Roasted potato. Mum had to stop him and warn him that he doesn't eat potato.
            My Girlcat loves potato chips...and sharp provolone cheese
            Pablo would jump you for McDonald's french fries.

Comment

Working...
            X