This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh - I'm Sick

Woke up Monday morning feeling fine and by that evening I was coughing, sneezing and running a fever. My back and hips were aching too. I called in sick to work on Tuesday, feeling pretty confident that a day of rest would do the trick. Wednesday I felt even worse and had to call in again. To top it off, we get 6 days a year that we can take off with pay, but mine were all used when my Dad died in June. Today, I felt a little better but not really good. I was going to suck it up and go to work, but my supervisor called and said that our owner suggested that I should stay home again so that I didn't pass it around the office. She said she would go ahead and pay me because she knows I can't afford to lose all that pay. I still fee like hell and would stay home again tomorrow, if I could afford it. My Mom thinks its the flu, but since I don't have insurance I can't afford to go to the doctor. And I really don't feel as bad as I did the last time I had the flu. I'm just sick of being sick.
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I know what you mean. I've got a sore throat, cough & runny nose. I can't afford the dr either. That really sucks.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

I sympathize- I have the flu also.

Sickies Unite! ... and then pass out.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

I worked last night 5 hrs, and used a whole box of tissues during my shift. I also used a lot of sanitizer wipes. I took tylenol multi-sympton and that helped get me through.

Thankfully, I'm off today and tomorrow.
        Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

If I could work I would. Normally I work unless I'm basically on my deathbed. However, sneezing and food handling just don't mix.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

I think I might be coming down with something too. Woke up achy all over and my sinuses are dripping like it's going out of style.

Also I'm wearing a sweatshirt right now, which I normally don't need or want. I'm generally kind of a hot person.

I do wonder if it's just due to the weather. It's cloudy, cold, windy and damp today. Still, if I have to get sick, I picked a pretty good weekend to do it. I'm off all weekend and I get an extra hour of sleep due to the clocks going back an hour tonight.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X