This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-moderators

First, I mean this in NO WAY as an attack on any former or current mods here. With that aside..

What is it with some forum moderstors who stop being moderators become total jackasses to forum management?

The forum I am a moderator on has a fairly high turnover rate (being a mod for over a year and a half is a long time there). IN my time we've lost one admin and 3 moderators. The admin and one moderator were cool about it (mutual) but one of the mods became the biggest crybaby when he was no longer a mod. "You closed my thread because you're singling me out!" No, you broke the rules.

Now, we have one who is reporting everything under the sun, even if it isn't breaking the rules and non-stop complaining at how things are run. He's also teaming up with 2 or 3 others (from before my time) to say how they did a much better job and has taken it upon themselves to make the remaining mod's jobs as difficult as possible. Reporting everything and if we don't do something about it within a few minutes they re-report it "Oh, I guess it's Ok to just break the rules then!" and then they start doing what they know is against the rules.

One is even complaining why we won't tell them that a member was temp banned. Um, it's none of your business!!

I've also seen it on another forum that I've been a very long term member of.

I don't think this forum has had this issue but has anyone seen this on others?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Yup, I've seen it happen. With people like that, I figure "well now we understand why they didn't want you as mod anymore" -people breaking the rules and then whining about being punished is not unheard of, but when it's former moderators it just makes me scratch my head. *scratch*

It's kind of like how some former retail workers are complete asses to retail workers.
    Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
    Me:

Comment

I knew of a couple mods that gave up their buttons over on the StarWars.com message boards, but never saw any of them behave in a manner any less than professional. There has also been a few mods at a board I moderate that gave it up willingly due to life getting hectic and a couple that lost their mod status after somewhat of a scandal*. They rarely post there anymore either, but when they do it's never mean or whiny.

*There was an incident where one of the mods was egging on a certain member to make derrogatory comments. This member had a history of such behavior and was immediately banned by the other mods. Member complained, the one mod got into it with the admins and other mods, several temp bans and one permaban were handed out, a couple mods lost their status.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Two words: Power Trip. And a guy who goes on a lot of power trips eventually runs out of power. And he trips.

I made that up myself.

Comment

Yeah I've seen it. That's why this is one of the few forums I still frequent. The people here (mods, admins, members) are all awesome!

Comment

Working...
          X