This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greed

Just this past Friday my Opa died due to complications of the flu. My Opa is not my Opa by blood, my blood Opa lived in Alaska and died about a year ago. Since he abandoned my father when my father was 11, I never got to meet the guy. I was told he died, I didn't really feel anything.

Found my Opa died on Friday, I've been in a funk since. The man has a pretty sizable estate, but who can think about money at this time?! Well, his blood-daughter can. She's been hounding about the will since she found out. In fact, her and her husband have been trying to make claim to certain pieces of property for the past two days.

I just want to smack her upside the head. That's my Opa, to her, he was nothing more than a wallet. I seriously want her gone immediately. I'm thinking about putting her in a crate and shipping her to Ecuador.

*sigh*
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

I've got some extra boxes lying around from when I last moved...

I'm very sorry to hear about your Opa, though.

Comment

Probate is like pouring salt in an open wound, doubly so when the family is divided, triply so when the deceased was wealthy. It always seems to bring out the worst in families.

I'm sorry to hear about your Opa, Fashion Lad.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Condolences on your loss.
        I hope your aunt gets what she truly has coming to her, like say a boot to the head.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
          I'm thinking about putting her in a crate and shipping her to Ecuador.
          What did the Ecuadorians ever do to you?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp :P
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Ugh, I'm vaguely familiar with this situation, as it's what my mom went through when her dad passed, and the brothers were concerned about the estate. I was really young though, so I don't have a good idea about it. Just enough to sympathize and wish you able to hold close the best memories of your Opa, and not these shameful displays of his daughter.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                What did the Ecuadorians ever do to you?
                It was just the first country besides Canada that came to mind. And Canada is too close for her to be to me for my sake.
                When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

I'm sorry about your Opa, and would like to suggest Antarctica instead of Ecuador. Specifically, any parts of it which are far from aid and are not visited for months or years at a time.
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Sorry about your Opa. Why not ship her off to the Easter Islands or the South Pole?
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                    X