This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter Nights 2 question

I just started playing and I think I found a bug that stops me at a critical point:

I can't exit the Maiden's Glave. I've tried several ways and when i reach the map "zone" it doesn't go to the map. I tried killing the bear, not killing it, killing all the animals, killing none, even tried to not let the druid join (and you can't not let her join).

Am I missing something? I just walked on the zone before - I've walked on it, clicked on it, and so on.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I have not played that game in ages so I don't know how much I can help. Most of the time it's best to look up the website for any updates in software. There might be a bug that they have fixed but you need to download the patch.

Hope that helps :S sorry. Normally that's what I do if I come accross something like that.
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

I remember I ran into a similar bug, but not in that same area. Ran the NWN updater and reloaded the game and it fixed it.

Also, if you're running a multicore processor on your system it I have had other issues solved by going into the task manager and setting the game to only use one of the cores.

I have a great program that will let you set this to happen each time you run the game, but its on my home computer and the name of it escapes me at the moment. If this seems to help you I will check out the info and download link for said program.

Comment

It advises disabling some things for multicore processors, mine let me disable it specifically for that game only
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

If all else fails, can you die or use the GM commands to fix your way out? We've had the original NWN randomly derail the plot before and had to use GM commands to finish everything up til the end of that part of the act once, since it bugged so thoroughly it wouldn't do *anything* and we'd saved after without realizing it was messed up.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

yea i haven't plaeyd in over a year.

but update the hell outta the game. the company's pretty good @ releasing patches that should HOPEFULLY fix any glitches you have. (only issue is sometimes a patched game doesn't fix a saved game IF you had the game save file before the patch is applied so... you might be screwed and have to start over :S)
            Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Patch is curent.

Before the PC crash I had an issue leaving the merchant's quarter.

After the PC was done I reinstalled the game and guess what? Still crashes when I leave the merchant's quarter - to any other zone. Hmm, maybe I'll use the GM commands to just jump to another zone (if that's possible).
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

how old's ur comp? could it be an issue w/ur video card or something?

just cuz I never had a problem with it crashing @ a specific place... two or three times (like any game tends to do now and again) it froze up on me and i had to exit out and reload but never a specific 'if i leave here it crashes' bug.

Comment

Sometimes a certain quest trigger just fails in the NWN games. If you're lucky and it's something super specific, like someone needs to die due to the plot but won't go hostile so you can kill them, using the GM/Debug kill command can unhang it.

When ours hung it was in the Arcane Workshop of Act 2, and we had to GM command everything til the second half of the act began and the triggers reset to working normally. It sucked, but we didn't want to redo everything to date in the act with saved characters, which was the only other option.
                  "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                  - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
                    how old's ur comp? could it be an issue w/ur video card or something?

just cuz I never had a problem with it crashing @ a specific place... two or three times (like any game tends to do now and again) it froze up on me and i had to exit out and reload but never a specific 'if i leave here it crashes' bug.
                    PC is only 2.5 years old and it was handling NWN2 fine - including the docks district. I just cannot leave the merchants quarter now.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      PC is only 2.5 years old and it was handling NWN2 fine - including the docks district. I just cannot leave the merchants quarter now.
                      hmm..

can u try copying/saving your save game data elsewhere, and reinstalling the game, re updating patches, and moving ur save game data back into the NWN2 folder (so, in theory, it should still have 'your' saved data there in the proper place).

just a thought. although really a patch/update should fix any problems like that.

hope you get it working soon-ish man.

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
                        hmm..

can u try copying/saving your save game data elsewhere, and reinstalling the game, re updating patches, and moving ur save game data back into the NWN2 folder (so, in theory, it should still have 'your' saved data there in the proper place).

just a thought. although really a patch/update should fix any problems like that.

hope you get it working soon-ish man.
                        I think I already did that.

I had to reinstall windows (drive crash - I replaced the drive) and when all was said and done I got the save files off of the old drive and copied them to the same place (my docs / NWN2 etc..) after I reinstalled the game. Same issue.

Maybe the gods are telling me I shouldn't be playing this game?
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                        X