This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a strange gaming bug.

So I'm replaying a old gameboy advance RPG I've beaten a few times, and decided to go through it again. Well, at one point I saved the game (Three save slots, and I only saved in one), turned off the game to go dinner.

Well, when I turned it on and loaded it, I was at the final save spot in the final dungeons. Complete with the characters at the level I had, and equiptment, I just skipped over four dungeons.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Maybe you played it in your sleep and didnt remember? Lol..

Otherwise, yeah thats weird.

Comment

I've had weird stuff happen to one save file on a Game Boy cartridge that had been lost (I think it was under the couch or something) for a long time. If I remember correctly - as it's been a few years since this happened and I got bored of trying to figure it out - two save slots were fine with games in progress which were later completed without seeing anything weird. The last file was weird. Some sprites were interverted or otherwise garbled, the life meter was acting very odd (one would actually die from collecting too much health), and certain impossible situations happened with the trade sequence in that game, if I remember well. I still wonder how exactly this happened, so if anyone has a clue please send a PM.
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

In both cases, knowing the game title helps, as often enough, they're game specific bugs.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 3, Buu's Fury.

Yeah I know. Kiddy rpg. But its fun. and DBZ. and RPG. I like. Bite me.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 3, Buu's Fury.

Yeah I know. Kiddy rpg. But its fun. and DBZ. and RPG. I like. Bite me.
            Never said a word. (some of the stuff I have makes that look mature.)

Seems that game and the series overall is loaded with bugs. Fuzion in the rong spot for example is a game killer.
            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Even games made by the real pros get weird occasionally. A friend on IRC swears up and down he was able to somehow skip a huge part of FFIV on the original SNES cart due to a bug that stuck him in...I *think* it was the Tower of Bab-il quite a bit before he should've been there. It's been quite a long time so I don't remember details, but as anyone who played the original American release of the game can attest, it was tricky even at the right levels, let alone skipping content like that.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                In both cases, knowing the game title helps, as often enough, they're game specific bugs.
                The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Also, I'm no expert but I'm almost 100% sure that the cause of the problem is physical (side-effect of the cart being left in bad environment for a long time) but I'm just curious about exactly what happened.
                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                  Even games made by the real pros get weird occasionally. A friend on IRC swears up and down he was able to somehow skip a huge part of FFIV on the original SNES cart due to a bug that stuck him in...I *think* it was the Tower of Bab-il quite a bit before he should've been there. It's been quite a long time so I don't remember details, but as anyone who played the original American release of the game can attest, it was tricky even at the right levels, let alone skipping content like that.
                  Ouch, my condolences to your friend's sanity. (Yes, I know that part of the game very well)

Quoth 411guy View Post
                  The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Also, I'm no expert but I'm almost 100% sure that the cause of the problem is physical (side-effect of the cart being left in bad environment for a long time) but I'm just curious about exactly what happened.
                  The graphics and the health bug would fit on the environment affecting the cart (i've seen similar from cheat devices which alter the save. It's not uncommon for saves being corrupted from temp, shock or moisture) but the trade bug is known. It has something to do with doing a part of the story past when the game would like you to and it blocks out the trade sequence after. It's not consistent, so it's never been fixed in later versions, but it has been known to happen.
                  I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Working...
                  X