This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Show?

It may be because of the shift I work, and not watching TV in the afternoon during the work week, or because it may be on a channel I don't get, but has anyone on here heard of the "Doctor" show? Or is it called Doctors? I'm not really sure....my bf and his mom call it "Doctor Show" and they watch it religiously and take everything on it that's said to heart.

Just the other day, my bf said that I should quit making my bed because on the Doctor Show, they said that making your bed increases your risk of scabies and bedbugs......

Overall, I think he and his mom go a little overboard with that show, but can anyone on here give me an honest opinion or description of that show or at least what network it's on and what time (Eastern if you can) it's on?

I'm kind of curious and if I get that channel, I may just try to watch it this Friday to see what gets them so riled up.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Is this it?

I've never watched it and hadn't heard about it until now.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

That very well could be it....and if it's on CBS, I do get that channel.

I'm so totally curious and going to try to stay awake Friday to watch it.

Comment

I found a blurb using google-fu. It seems very sensationalist, i.e saying candy is making good kids into hardened criminals.

I didn't know my eyes could roll that far.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

The Doctors - my wife loves that show. (Especially Travis)
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

No information about the show, but I doubt that making your bed increases or decreases your chances for bed bugs. My little sister had bed bugs in college. She made her bed, but neither of her roommates did.

They're itty bitty little things, it's not like they're going to snuggle up in your sheets if you make your bed.

Comment

My argument was that only by washing your bedding constantly, will you prevent stuff like that (well, and also keeping a clean and dust/debris free living area).

Supposedly on the show, they said because we sweat a bit in our sleep, by waking up and tucking the blankets and pillows in, we are "trapping" all the dust mites and bedbugs and giving them a good living enviornment to flourish, or whatever.

Yeah, until I watch it, I'm just going to go based off what I hear....it's probably meant to cause paranoia.

If anything, it could do me a good laugh.

Comment

It's on cbs. There is some sensational stuff, but they do throw out some pretty good/interesting stuff once in a while. You have to keep in mind that it's produced by Dr. Phil.....
                It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth BarbieGirl View Post
                  You have to keep in mind that it's produced by Dr. Phil.....
                  All excrement has a source.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

If you must watch a day time doctor show, might I suggest Dr. Oz? He's less sensationalist and more about science.

I don't know the channel because the other half DVRs it every day and inflicts it on me after work. *sigh*

Comment

I *love* Dr. Oz's show! (The one day a week I'm home to watch it, anyway...)

He's very informative, and not too bad to look at either. The science geek *and* the drooling hussie parts of me are both pleased.
                      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Heh. my infamous CEO was just on that show on Monday. If you were watching, she was the tall lady in the purple suit who got a bone density test.

more stories about that drama later...
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                          Heh. my infamous CEO was just on that show on Monday. If you were watching, she was the tall lady in the purple suit who got a bone density test.

more stories about that drama later...
                          Yep. 110%. Consistent from ear to ear.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X