Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with this cold/flu season already???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with this cold/flu season already???

In the space of two months (since September) we've been sick four times!

First it was a nasty case of the flu, then a bad chest cold on top of it. Got over that, then had a sore throat last week, now my wife and I are both puking and have the shits.

I'm pretty sure the latter came from my six-year-old's school because my mother-in-law had to pick her up early and she slept for a day straight and was fine.

This is really getting freakin' old and costing us money in time off of work. I swear to God I feel like filing for disability.

We don't have kids, so don't have to worry as much about it, but I managed to get super sick just as I started vacation a couple weeks ago. At the time I didn't think I was that sick, but the next week I couldn't even REMEMBER the week I was sick.

I actually kind of hope it was the swine flu, just so I don't have to worry about it again. Unfortunately, I think it was more an upper respiratory infection. We don't have insurance, so I just took a bunch of Nyquil and slept as much as possible.

You don't think that the Nyquil has anything to do with not remembering the week do you?
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

Kid in school! Get used to it....

The first year my eldest was in school I got human parvo, flu, every cold known to mankind, etc.. now they are in college and we get none of that gobbltigook at all. Elementary school is a freaking petri dish
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

My 14 month old has already had one cold, which he passed onto my husband and me. He was enrolled in the gym daycare, and has therapists who come to our house so I suspect he got it from either one of those two places. After we both recovered from our colds I got an ear infection, then pink eye.

Comment

A lot of people in my office is sick. It takes a lot for me to get sick. All the years I worked in retail, I only really got sick twice.
          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

I always blame work.

Especially in factory jobs where people work in close proximity and share machinery and tools and product....

At work, we have a roundabout of colds and flus going around, and around, and around, and around.....no one can avoid it, no one can stop it......it's been one hell of a cold/flu season, and it's not even really that time of year yet!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When my son was in school it seemed like he was sick the entire Winter. Here in W. Michigan they've had numerous schools closed already because of this H1N1 flu. I know of only a few people who've actually been diagnosed with it, though. And most of my co-workers have been flu-free so far. (Knock on wood.)

I seldom get sick but my first year working retail I was constantly sick.

Hope you and your wife start feeling better soon ditchdj.
              Retail Haiku:
              Depression sets in.
              The hellhole is calling me ~
              I don't want to go.

Comment

I'm starting to feel better today. When I go to the store I'm gonna get a big bottle of hand sanitizer and make sure my kids use it before they even step through the door when they get home from school from now on.

I can't believe we've been sick this often and it's not even winter yet.

Comment

The director of the show I'm working on is sick and coughing all the time. He'll cough in his hands and then take my notebook or pencil, and then hand them back to me. UGH. It'll be a miracle if I don't get sick.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe all the sickies are used up now and you can enjoy the winter...if that's even possible.

The older I get, the more I hate the snow. (I can't believe I wrote the words 'enjoy' and 'winter' in the same sentence.)
                    Retail Haiku:
                    Depression sets in.
                    The hellhole is calling me ~
                    I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                      I'm starting to feel better today. When I go to the store I'm gonna get a big bottle of hand sanitizer and make sure my kids use it before they even step through the door when they get home from school from now on.
                      I'm glad you guys are getting better. You'd be better off soaking an old rag in a very mild bleach solution or hydrogen peroxide and swabbing the kids down. It's just cheaper, and those hand sanitizers are really just rubbing alcohol, which some viruses actually thrive in. (Apparently flu virus is inactivated by peroxide, alcohol, bleach, or detergents, though).
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                      X