This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear voices, I really do.

Don't worry though, they aren't telling me to set things on fire though. (Though Why I'd need anyone to tell me to do that )

But yeah, it's true, and it's odd. There's several ways that I hear voices, the first is like a crowded bar, you know where you can hear the murmur of conversation and occasionally hear snatches of actual words.

Another way is is a specific voice, though one I've only ever heard in my head (if i'd heard it in real life, I would have caught onto it and even if i couldn't identify it i'd have known i'd hear it before, I'm strange like that) and that generally comes in two modes, just random sentences strung together, either making sense or, not. ("The Cow is most Displeased" is the most WTFage one) or as if the voice is having a conversation with me, acting as though I've responded even though i haven't said or thought anything.

Another thing is that there's, so far, 36 different, individual voices that I've encountered, sometimes only one of them speaks, other times up to 6 of them are, very confusing.

Though, it does seem to prove what my mother says as being true, I create my own company.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Every once in a while I will hear someone say my name. But when I hear it I am always alone (or with the baby who can't talk yet). But I will look up convinced someone spoke to me. I know by now it's in my head, but I still look up. That's as far as it goes though.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Ok, Ray, you do realize that's one of the classic signs of schizophrenia? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Ok, worried about you now, sweetie.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I hear voices too. Sometimes I also see things. On my meds I'm fine but if they lapse for a day or two these hallucinations get worse. Fortunately, even at their worst I KNOW they're hallucinations and ignore them.

And no, I'm not schizophrenic. There are several mental and physical disorders that can cause auditory hallucinations. Bipolar is one of them, or severe hypothyroidism and autoimmune disorders as well. I have the hypothyroidism and a mild autoimmune complication on top of it.

I do think you should talk to your doc though. Any type of hallucination without knowing the underlaying cause should be examined. Hearing someone call your name now and again when they don't is one thing...having 36 individual and recognized voices that talk to you enough to become individual and recognized is something else.
        My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Well, they don't talk to me as such, I'm not like conversing with them or anything, it's more saying something that may or may not even be directed towards me (akin to overhearing someone elses conversation) It doesn't happen often maybe once or twice in a fortnight at most.

Though I do suffer from avolition too though my back being the way it is, mixed with my chronic depression, hell, Looking it over I might even be Bipolar, though I'd have to go to the doctors about it, but given my frame of mind about my own possible mental problems, that's unlikely.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
          X