Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to feed my Capt'n Chemo (when he can't stomach anything)??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth calulu View Post
    Amen! I would get overheated too. Not only that but after some time parts of the skin on the soles of my feet started sloughing off. The soles got very red, hot and tender because of the drugs leaving through the permeable skin on the feet. I used to keep a container of Utterly Smooth shea butter in the freezer and when the feet started bugging me I'd put the ice cold cream on them and fluffy spa socks. Helped with the overheating too.
    Ahh! Thats totally him! He sweats buckets!
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
      Amen! I would get overheated too. Not only that but after some time parts of the skin on the soles of my feet started sloughing off. The soles got very red, hot and tender because of the drugs leaving through the permeable skin on the feet. I used to keep a container of Utterly Smooth shea butter in the freezer and when the feet started bugging me I'd put the ice cold cream on them and fluffy spa socks. Helped with the overheating too.
      water in a small spray bottle in the fridge ... once i went down into the basement and laid on the bare concrete naked so the earth would be my heat sink. I turned off the heater in the waterbed after that. when i was cold i put a sleeping bag on it to insulate me, or just on a sheet if i was roasting.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I turned off the heater in the waterbed after that. when i was cold i put a sleeping bag on it to insulate me, or just on a sheet if i was roasting.
        I used to do the same thing! Another good trick was to go to the Atlantic ocean and get in when I was roasting.. I would just stand and soak in the fall and early spring in the icy waters. Cold baths and showers were loverly too.
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

What to feed...

I had both chemo & radiation at the same time, so I had it both coming and going as well. I couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to eat anything either, but my doc came down on me hard about getting my strength up.

Strangest thing that I could stomach was my mom's old desert, "dump cake" I like fruit, so it was good and I figured at least I was eating something good for me. You just take a can of crushed pineapple in juice and cherry pie filling, dump it in a 9x13 pan, cover that with yellow cake. Cut up a stick of butter and place it around on top of that. If you think he might eat nuts, put some crushed walnuts on top too. Cook for an hour at 350 degrees.
          You can also put a scoop of ice cream on top. It's definitely better served warm that way!

I'd stick with the Pedilyte. Thin it out with water so it's a little easier to drink too, some of the syrupy drinks could aggravate him and make him throw up. Ensure was good too, I cut it with skim milk so it was easier to drink.

PM me if you have any questions. It's a rough patch for both of you to be going thru, don't do it alone.
          Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Working...
          X