Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm at a serious crossroads here (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dendawg View Post
    Update: Well, she emailed me back, saying that she can't see how counseling could help, as we handn't begun to talk to each other.

So, I responded:

Am I right or wrong in saying that?

Dendawg
    It's good you said it if that's how you feel. I really would advise couple's counseling but perhaps you should have a few one on one sessions with a different therapist too before hand. It's slightly a calculating move to show that you mean what you say and want to work on the relationship before the two of you find a couple's therapist and also in situations where relationships deteriorate they're often accompanied with depression and it would benefit you if you find someone good.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Update:

Well, wife and I finally sat down and talked.

It's over between us.

But thankfully, it wasn't the knock-down, drag-out kind of fight I was expecting. Things were surprisingly civil, barring a few shed tears on both sides. I'll be moving in with the other woman sometime during New Year's week. I have no doubt things between her and I will be okay.

I know some of you think I'm a cheating pig, but that's okay. Things were civil, there are very few hard feelings in the end, she wants me to be happy, and that's what matters.

Please wish me luck on this new path my life has taken.

A very down, but ultimately happy
      Dendawg

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
        Update:

Well, wife and I finally sat down and talked.

It's over between us.

But thankfully, it wasn't the knock-down, drag-out kind of fight I was expecting. Things were surprisingly civil, barring a few shed tears on both sides. I'll be moving in with the other woman sometime during New Year's week. I have no doubt things between her and I will be okay.

I know some of you think I'm a cheating pig, but that's okay. Things were civil, there are very few hard feelings in the end, she wants me to be happy, and that's what matters.

Please wish me luck on this new path my life has taken.

A very down, but ultimately happy
        Dendawg

I don't think you're a cheating pig or anything of that sort. Sorry to hear about the wife. Sucks, but sometimes it's for the best. Thankfully it was civil between you and the wife. I hope things work out for you both.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm glad this didn't have to drag out. It would have been bad for both of you. I still recommend therapy on an individual basis for you, after that sort of split, you will likely need someone to vent to. As I'm sure your new love will not want to hear you venting about your ex wife. My only real concern is that you be very careful not to drag the new woman into the middle of anything. But, I also do not think you are a cheating pig, I wish you the best of luck
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
            Update:
            I'll be moving in with the other woman sometime during New Year's week. I have no doubt things between her and I will be okay.
            Is there any possibility you could get your own place for a while, and take things slowly with the new woman?

Comment

Working...
            X