This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awww :(

so today im about to leave for work and walk to my car. we have a telephone pole at the end of our driveway. as im walking by it i hear "bzzz...rr...zzz"

i look up and the top is sparking and smoking. oh boy. i run to my car and call my mom and she tells me i should call the fire dept.

so i call and i wait for them to come. i called work to let them know id be a little late. so they show up and arent really sure what was going on. no flames but a lot of sparks and smoke. fire truck, police car, and some other fire vehicles. they blocked my street off and wouldnt even let my mom in. they asked me to move my car just in case any wires came down, well i had to leave anyways

i get to work and my mom calls me to tell me the problem was fixed

as soon as northeast utilities got there they knew the problem

they were pretty sure a squirrel got into something up there and fried himself

poor guy

... I hate it when that happens.

I think its even worst considering your username.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

when my mom called she said "you probably wont like this..."

then said when i got home tonite we have some fried squirrel..

im just glad i never saw the thing go in and get fried

a few years ago there was the massive blackout in the nyc area, guess what caused that....a squirrel

haha go squirrel!

Comment

More like go NYC's poor-planning grid system. I do find it most amusing that one little squirrel got half the city's attention. (your city, not NYC)
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

haha

turns out when they pulled it off the pole, they just dropped it into our yard. i saw the poor thing today. surprisingly it still looked like a squirrel.

my dad raked it into the leaf pile, and will prob get sucked up by the town next week ;(

Comment

"Thanks for the crap gift guys, you can have it back now!"

Yup, that's what you really said. Or at least, it sounds funnier that way, so that's what I heard.
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

When I worked for WOLO, we had this transmitter room and every so often we'd find little puffs of ash on the floor under the big electrical thing in there. I don't remember what was what in there...I just remember the Chief Engineer didn't ever touch anything in there without first tapping it with the "Jesus Stick"...so called because if you didn't use it to find out what what hot and what wasn't you would end up seeing Jesus.

Anyways, the little ash piles? Mice.

Mice do not use Jesus sticks.

Comment

Working...
              X