X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excuse me while i freak

I am 22 years old.
    in 87 i was born.
    ive only heard a handful of 80 songs all of which are one hit wonders or so popular they are undying.
    i do not remember the berlin wall.
    i dont remember the two germanies.

this morning as i washed my hands i looked up ad saw myself in the mirror and there was this odd... shine.

i am 22.
    and i just found my first grey hair.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    i am 22.
    and i just found my first grey hair.

I've found one at 17, for some people it's genetic. Don't worry too much and if it bothers you I hear they make hair dye.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

it only bothers me is because its a physically proof of my current stress

my mothers side of the family doesnt go grey until mid-40s my dads mom sides i know is late30s-early40s.
      my dads dad side i dont know
      but he didnt go grey until i was a teenager

Comment

When I was 14 or 15 I found quite a few gray hairs on my head and immediately started dying my hair again. (I started dying my hair when I was 11 or 12 and then stopped for awhile).

It was a complete fluke. Haven't had gray hairs since then and I'm 37 years old... and I loved every minute of the '80's.

If you're concerned it's stress related then it's time to assess your situation and take some steps to allieviate some of that.
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

Aww slicey Im sorry...

One of my aunts went gray @ 14.....! Like fully gray. Shes accepted it now, but went on a dyeing frenzy for a loooooonng while. She just turned 50.

My mother on the other hand is 52 and not a gray hair on her head. I can only hope I take after her.

Pull it and keep on trucking. 10 do not grow in 1's place if its pulled.

Comment

I am 30 and have had white- pure, snow-white- hair since I was about 22. They are growing more numerous by the day. I think they're cool; I can't wait until I look like Emmylou Harris. The weird thing is that the white hair is coming in curly...and my regular brown hair is wavy but not curly at all!
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I am 30 and have had white- pure, snow-white- hair since I was about 22. They are growing more numerous by the day. I think they're cool; I can't wait until I look like Emmylou Harris. The weird thing is that the white hair is coming in curly...and my regular brown hair is wavy but not curly at all!
              You sound like all the video/PC game characters I make. I always make them with white hair. Lol.

Comment

I've been going slowly grey since I developed a white streak at 14. It's just starting to be noticeable...hence the recent desire to dye my hair odd colours, like purple

Grey hair doesn't carry the same stigma that it used to. I've always thought women look fantastic with white hair and a young face. Of course, that could be that my mom was completely salt-and-pepper by the time I was born...she was barely 32. She's 60 now, and has almost entirely white hair - and looks wonderful. She stopped dying several years ago so she could start straightening her hair.

Comment

personally, i can't wait to go grey cuz if my grandmother and mom are any indication, i'm gonna go white. and it's gonna be awesome. won't have to bleach my hair any more to put in a color! woo!
                  If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                  ^_^

Comment

I started going grey in my teens, too.
                    I had a streak of white that I tried to pretend was a blonde highlight, but by 16, it was obvious that it was grey hair.

Most of the time it's genetic, but stress can bring it on.

As NightAngel said, if you're stressed, then you should find a way to deal with it.

Stress kills a lot more than pigment cells.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

One of the girls I play music with has had steel gray hair since she was about 21 or so. And one of my friends in high school had fifty-fifty salt and pepper hair by the time he was 15.

Personally, I think it's kind of cool (as evidenced by my own hair. See avatar.)

Comment

I have a kind of Stacy London-esque streak on either side of my center part, right in the front. I'll be 29 in 8 days. I've had the streaks since I was 23 or so? Basically right around the time my first son was born. Gee, I wonder where it came from?

Comment

Meh.

I realized I had gray hairs when I was around 32 or so. These buggers were long and embedded in the back /crown area of my scalp, no wonder I didn't see them earlier! Must have started when I was 28 or so.

Now they've started invading the front area of my head and I can't make them go away. I don't have a stressful life, wth do I have grays!!!

Cutenoob
                          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

You can REALLY see a lot of gray in my hair when I wear it up. It's mostly over my ears and under my hairline. When I pull my hair up into a bun, you can see streaks of silver all over it that are invisible when I wear it down.

Comment

My best friend started going grey when she was 20, so I wouldn't worry too much.
                              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                              X