This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...and you don't you e-mail because it's too hard to learn?"

I was talking to my brother today & asked him why he hasn't posted anything on Facebook. His page is empty. He said he thinks it's stupid. So why would he get an account there & never use it?

He told me he has a ton of e-mails. He also said that a friend of his keeps asking him to e-mail her & he goes.."Just use the damn phone!!" I told him e-mailing somebody is a snap. He said.."It's not as easy as you make it out to be!" I was like----> That's about the easiest thing you can do on a computer. Composing & sending e-mail. It's not rocket science!!

Then he tells me that after re-installing the OS a while back that it took ALL DAY to put back the stuff he had on it & that's why he hasn't been online lately. I wanted to tell him I could have had him up & running with his Apps in less than an hour! It doesn't take all freakin' day to do what he did! Damn!

When I had his laptop, I had no problems with it. Had I known how cluless he was gonna be, then I never would have given it to him.

My Mother has personally murdered 3 laptops in the last two years and has had to have her personal computer formatted 8 times because she will not stop downloading everything and anything even if it is CLEARLY a virus.

I ask her, did you open an email from someone you didn't know.... don't do that. Don't click on ANY popups even if they say they are "antivirus" and your computers infected. Don't download stuff off limewire or kazaa stick to itunes. Don't download/open ANYTHING....but she does. She won't stop. She even signed up for apps on facebook that say "download this, I know it looks like a virus but it isnt I promise!". Then she rang and asked why her computer wont work.

She never does anything to them....stuff just "happens"
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

my mom's a total technophobe. my dad's a computer programmer, so it's an interesting mix. she doesn't have a computer; she just uses his whenever she needs to get online, which is rarely. usually she has him look up whatever she needs.
      last time she bought a new cell phone, she said she wanted one that was just a phone. no camera, no calendar, just. a. phone. the guy in the store looked at her like she was speaking german. it was hilarious.
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

I asked the Verizon guy the same, and he la+ghed, but I ended up with this mini-computer. Anyhoo, my dad is the type to handwrite his emails and have his wife type them in and send them.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X