This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Be Wild!

I'm seriously considering hot pink highlights.

I have to ask my boss tonight if that's ok for work (except there are guys at work with neon colored hair and mohawks, so you'd imagine there'd be nothing wrong with it, and I don't work with customers)...

My mom did say that she thinks it'd make me look too "punk" and that I'm too classy and fashionable to have such wild hair. I hate to disappoint my family, but at the same time, I really don't like to live up to what other people think (especially when people think I'm something that I'm not....hahaha, classy and fashionable? Me?!)

What do you guys think? If I can have it at work, I would really love to.

Not big chunky streaks or even layers of hair, just thin stringy highlights.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask (I had very long, completely green hair for a few months), but I say go for it! You can always dye your hair back to your normal color if you don't like it. If you have any big family events coming up in the next few months (eg weddings), I'd wait until after that, though.

Comment

I'd say you could probably pull it off quite well.

This I'd have to see.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As long as work is fine with it, go for it. It's not like your jobhunting at the moment, is it? No? Then why not? Does your boyfriend object strenuously? It is against his religion? Is it against your religion? Seriously, what is stopping you?

For the first seven years of my adulthood, I had long hair, at a time (88-95) when long hair on guys was not all that fashionable, unless they were in a band. (I wasn't.) I didn't care. I was in college for much of that, and working at non-professional jobs as well. I did it because I could. And when I cut it, I didn't cut it because I had to, I cut it because I wanted to. And I've had short hair since.

Mom was so happy when I finally cut my hair short.....until, that is, three years later when I grew my goatee. For a woman who's been with a man who almost always had a beard (Dad) or a moustache (Stepdad), you would think my Mom would not object so much to facial hair on her only son!

Years ago, when I spent some time in 98 and 99 traveling the country, a few people asked me why I was doing that. As I told them, I had no major career going, I was not married, I had no kids, I basically had no responsibility other than some bills....so why NOT do it? I might never get the chance again.

Do it. An old roommate of mine once taught me that it is better to regret something you HAVE done than to regret something you HAVEN'T done.

Go for it, Blas. And post pictures.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I agree, go for it.

You're an adult, and from what I've seen of your postings here on CS, you're intelligent and level headed, so I doubt you do things such as this impulsively. Especially considering the fact that you are asking for opinions here.

Of course, it depends on whether your boss says it's okay, and since some of the guys there have mohawks and such, what you're considering sounds pretty tame, so it would seem a bit unfair not to allow you to do what you're considering. (Dunno if you'd want to pursue it if you're turned down, may not be worth it.) I think a major part of this is that you don't work with customers. Though I think it would suck to deny it for an employee that does work with customers, I can kind of understand a company wanting to project a certain image.

Oh, and personally, I don't have a problem with people with mohawks, or differently colored hair, tats, piercings and such. And that's coming from an old fart of 51!

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I think it would be cool.

You could always test it out with clip-in pink hair extensions or some hair mascara (it'll wash out in one or two showers) if you aren't sure.

Comment

Go for pink, and post pix!!

Nuttin' ventured, nuttin' gained
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

it's hair not a tattoo, you can always dye it again or wash it out.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

yay pink! i had neon blue bangs for a while...it was awesome...mmm...i miss 'em.
                  do it! dye your hair! and post pix!
                  If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                  ^_^

Comment

Well, my boss said that there's nothing in the dress code against hair color, so I can come to work in whatever hair color I please.

So far, I'm planning on doing it tomorrow afternoon....I'll just have to try really hard to not fall asleep!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hooray for your boss not caring!

You need to post pictures when it's done.

Comment

My sister has had bright pink hair for the past year. It looks amazing. So I fully approve!

Comment

Working...
                        X