Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...An Ode to Spokane. A rant about cold (need to vent)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...An Ode to Spokane. A rant about cold (need to vent)

I went outside this morning and realized something terrifying. It's getting WARMER. I could actually feel it... I stepped outside and didn't have to cower in my coat to hid from the ASS CRACK COLD! It was 20 degrees (F)... holy crap. We skipped straight over the teens! It went from 9-20 in one FUCKING day.

...do you know what that means.
    I'll tell you what it means... it means its going to FUCKING SNOW! And THEN you know what happens!?
    The temperature drops STRAIGHT back to NOTHING...and It freezes again!

...do you know what snow+slight melt+FREEZE=? It equals ICE... lots of ICE, and frozen snow that tries to rip your pants when you step on it.

This needs to NOT happen. I am NOT okay with this idea. I HATE the cold, I hate the bitter cold 9 degrees + wind chill... but I DESPISE cold+snow.

It's so cold. My CAR doesn't want to start 9 times out of 10. And when it does start...god help your steering! The damn power-steering fluid is trying to FREEZE. But I can't take the bus. Cause I will DIE of exposure before it gets here. My feet will be frozen to the ground and I will die.

...My bedroom window? Yeah... the heater is right under it... know what happened? It made condensation.... there is a quarter inch of ICE on the inside of my window.
    I don't think you appreciate this... there is ICE on the bloody INSIDE of my god damn window!
    And this doesn't include the 3 inch icicles hanging on the outside of my window... just in case I wasn't feeling cold enough.

I hate the cold.

...I'm going to go sleep in the oven.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

We're getting the snow over here now, so it is coming your way soon. Stayed home because the roads were slick. I have no problems, just the other idiots on the road. The deep freeze over here is getting old, am ready for our 40* and rain any day now. Was planning to put a heater in my little fountain for the fish, when I realized the freeze was going longer it was too late. The fountain is froze solid. I will look for new fish this spring.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Poor Fishes! I can agree with you though... I am So looking forward to anything over 35* and rain.
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Waves from across the Cascades.....

Their talking snow over on this side too. Haven't seen any yet, but apparently there was some up north a ways, and over in Cascade Foothills, earlier today.

They're saying it won't hang around too long. We're supposed to be getting warmer than average, for this time of year, later in the week.

Just as long as it isn't as bad as last year!

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Oh its a heat wave now. The temp show at 34* thats warmer than the highs this week. How much snow did you get Mike? We got about 1" here, just enough to make the frozen roads slick.
          "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

No snow here at close to sea level, pitmonnkey!

Looking outside, the pavement is wet, but it's 38 degrees in my neighborhood, according to the KOMO temperature thingy on my taskbar. No wind right now, so the roads in my area shouldn't be icy.

(Oh, it's about 8:00 a.m. as I post this.)

I miss Summer!!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

We had our little blizzard last week (a foot of snow here) Tuesday and Wednesday, and early into Wednesday morning, temps plummeted to as bad as -20 at night. Those temps stayed until Friday afternoon, when it warmed up to about 10 above, and Friday and Saturday nights weren't so bad, single digits no below zero BS, and last night was alright.....but we're getting another storm today and starting tomorrow morning, it will be -singles to teens during the day and -20 or more at night until the end of the week.

I agree with the fellow winter haters, I hate the cold and the snow, but the snow more. But the cold is just terrible because everything the snow made, the cold will make worse afterwards.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

For once the Penensuila didn't get smacked with the snow stick. I think it is finally warmer then the fridge outside.

The are talking all this week but now snow. But what do the weather monkeys know.

And can we NOT have a white Christmas this year. I would like to make it up my Aunt's driveway.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Well, it snowed last night and I didn't realize there'd be ice on the car. Too hard to scrape. So I ended up walking to work. Decided to take the shortcut--safer, less ice and slush, no cars--but had to walk through 2-foot snowdrifts. I got stuck a couple of times and was 8 minutes late, with wet socks (no timwe to grab snowboots). Yeah, good times.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

i'm flying back to idaho next sunday...idaho...where it's cold and snowy and cold and i don't like cold. i'm moving to arizona as soon as i can
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

I agree, Fairy.

Some of my coworkers and friends and I are thinking of all chipping in on plane tickets and spending next winter in Arizona.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X