This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    I barely remember the things I did get for Christmas, let alone things I wanted but didn't get.
    It's my opinion that people will remember the best presents they got and the most desired presents they never received more than all the presents they got over time.

For me, it was the Millenium Falcon. I had a bunch of Star Wars figures. I had an X-Wing. I had a Land Speeder. But my friend David had the freakin' Falcon, and I wanted it. Since Han Solo was the coolest guy in that whole movie. But I never, ever got it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I never got the pony I asked for.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I wanted the Technodrome and the TMNT Sewers Hideout.

I never got them.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I don't really remember anything myself. I've always been fairly easy with presents. I wanted books. I usually got the books I wanted. It wasn't until I hit high school that the gamer in me came out and presents started getting harder...
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

A Brio wooden train set.

They had them set up in every Early Learning Centre and I used to ask Santa for it every year.
            Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              I wanted the Technodrome
              Me too! I did finally get the Turtle Van, but never the Blimp or the Technodrome. I have to say...my folks were always good about Christmas. We had an NES pretty soon after it came out. I got the SNES for my birthday. And my folks searched far and wide to get me an N64, then when I hooked it up...it didn't work. Had to wait until the next day to exchange it...and there were a whole bunch of N64's out! I guess they waited until the day after Christmas to make them all available.

I mean, as long as my sister and I limited ourselves to one "must-have" that wasn't too over the top...we would usually get it.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I had the Turtle Van, and the drill machines that the Foot and Bebop and Rocksteady used, the beach car, and the cycle.

I loved that Turtle Van so much.

Now thanks to this tread, I been at the old TMNT web site, looking over all the turtle toys from the 80s, and never realizing until now exactly how little of the collection I had.
                Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Y'know, I can't really recall being too disappointed in not getting some certain toy for Christmas.

In fact, I can't even really recall asking for any specific toy by name. Just some picture in a catalog or a store flyer maybe.

I guess if I have to put something here, I'd say a trip to Disney World, and if my parents ever come across this post, let them set the record straight.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Legos. Just plain legos. And Lincoln Logs. And Tinkertoys. (See a theme here?) I LOVED those things (and still do). I always asked for them for birthdays and Christmas. But those were considered to be 'boyish' and I was a girl. So I got dolls and barbies. Which I always hated.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Honestly? And that I still want one too...(which is sad) A Easy Bake Oven...actually considering getting one for myself as a self Christmas present.
                      I actually DID get one for Christmas a couple of years ago. I got one as a kid--best Christmas present EVAR--and told my stepmom so. She thought it'd be funny to get me one in my adult years. Still have it. It's not as cool as the origional.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                        Legos. Just plain legos. And Lincoln Logs. And Tinkertoys. (See a theme here?) I LOVED those things (and still do). I always asked for them for birthdays and Christmas. But those were considered to be 'boyish' and I was a girl. So I got dolls and barbies. Which I always hated.
                        For a while there they had Barbie legos.

Build your own dream house and such.

Though I always considered it an insult to Legos. Sorry it happened though .
                        Military Spouse Support.

Comment

The G.I. Joe Hovercraft.
                          Y-wing starfighter
                          My brother and I spent every christmas drooling over the toy catalog but those two are the ones that I still wish i had gotten.
                          They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

I always wanted a Barbie. My grandmother, bless her, bought me a Barbie knock off type doll and I broke down in tears and threw the ugly thing across the living room.

It was a bratty thing to do, but I really wanted a real Barbie. I never got one.
                            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                              Honestly? And that I still want one too...(which is sad)

A Easy Bake Oven...actually considering getting one for myself as a self Christmas present.
                              I got one for Christmas about 6 years ago. I was...22 or 23 at the time.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                                For a while there they had Barbie legos.

Build your own dream house and such.

Though I always considered it an insult to Legos. Sorry it happened though .
                                LEGO makes a series called Belleville and yes, they are insulting to both the idea of LEGO bricks and to girls who want to play with LEGO sets. When I sold them, I noticed that the girls, unless they were like 4 or 5, tended to gravitate to the "boy" sets because they did more interesting things. There's only so much pink pony princess hairbrush bullshit a girl can stomach.
                                Last edited by Mike Taylor; 12-18-2009, 04:18 AM.
                                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X