Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just invite yourself over to my house?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
    Evil Grandmother, after many many marriages, was married to a very wealthy man who died recently, so she can afford the very best care. I do believe she is in her 70s.

If you read her email to me, though, she makes it sound like she has to watch every penny. I don't care if she has money or not, but asking me to find a cheap hotel and cheap car rentals for her annoys the heck out of me. When did it become my job to find these things for her? She isn't one of those old people who don't know how to work a computer. Plus, she can afford to stay where she wishes.

I know she is upset that she can not stay with me, but I refuse to have her in my house 24/7 and getting in the way when the children are trying to get ready for school.
    Make her get her own damn hotel then. If she can find one easily enough then make an excuse about you being too busy at the moment.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I suggest you detour your grandma to visit with my grandpa and step-grandma.

I'm sure they'd have a great time arguing over who is more important and great, and who has more money
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Throw my sister The Witch into that group. Maybe not the money part, but the rest of it? Sure!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          I suggest you detour your grandma to visit with my grandpa and step-grandma.

I'm sure they'd have a great time arguing over who is more important and great, and who has more money
          Quoth Jester View Post
          Throw my sister The Witch into that group. Maybe not the money part, but the rest of it? Sure!
          oooo - oooo - oooo

Kilkenny Kats, place yer bets right here!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I bought three bottles of wine tonight, but when Evil Grandmother comes to stay I'm going to need more bottles than that.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

To drink? To beat her over the head with? To drink and then beat her over the head with the empties?

Just curious.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, I would never waste good wine, so I would probably drink it first and then beat her over the head with the empty bottles. Do I riffle through her purse after I beat her over the head? Decisions decisions!

Comment

Do I riffle through her purse after I beat her over the head? Decisions decisions!
                  Yes, duuuuh. You might find cash for more wine!
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'd use something a little more tacky (like a golf club or a pair of heels) to beat her with.....it would be more appropriate. Then I'd guzzle the wine and drunkenly go through her purse.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I just got an email from my favorite aunt (yes, she really is) wanting to know why Evil Grandmother is in tears thinking I don't want see her. Evil Grandmother is already starting with the martyr bit. I never thought she was smart enough to pick up on the fact that I do not have any desire to see her, guess I was wrong.

I was going to write out a long and detailed email about why I don't want to see my aunts' mother, but felt it might cause a rift between my favorite aunt and myself. So, I'm going to email back saying I don't know where Evil Grandmother got the idea I don't want to see her.

My aunt thought I was upset because I thought Evil Grandmother would tell my mother every little thing about me, but that was not my worry. My worry was about my children getting hurt by this evil cow in much the same way she has hurt me. My children must always be my first priority and I must do all I can to protect them from those who would cause them any sort of pain. So, if Evil Grandmother does or says anything that hurts my children I will go off on her so bad she will bear the marks of the fire I breath from it.

I really am going to need a whole lot of wine for this visit!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        I'd use something a little more tacky (like a golf club ... ) to beat her with.....
                        That's so Elin!

Still A Customer."

Comment

She is trying to make me nuts! I sent her an email telling her how my own mother, her daughter, acted towards me and Mr. Mis when we called her to tell her our son was stillborn.

Evil Grandma (nor referred to as EG) replied with "let bygones be bygones" I screamed at the computer "YOU FIRST, BITCH!" You see, if it didn't happen to her than it's not important, but if something happened to her she expects everyone to stop what they are doing and comfort her while she screams her fool head off about it and no,she won't forgive that person. My mother is the same way.

I asked Mr. Mis. if she is going to show up with a new husband, since she has been married at least 8 times. He just gave me the look and told me I was evil sometimes.

Mr. Mis told me I'm worrying too much about it and it's not good for me to be so stressed out

Will one of you come over and pretend to be me while she is here? I'll bake you cookies!

My sweet daughter and I have a plan. We are going to have my daughter's best friend come over and pretend to be another one of my daughters and see if EG notices.
                          Last edited by Misanthropical; 01-01-2010, 09:03 AM. Reason: Insomnia makes me spell funny

Comment

I was going to write out a long and detailed email about why I don't want to see my aunts' mother, but felt it might cause a rift between my favorite aunt and myself. So, I'm going to email back saying I don't know where Evil Grandmother got the idea I don't want to see her.
                            I think that might cause you even more problems.

My suggestion would be to tell your aunt that you and your Evil Grandmother have your differences, and you don't want your aunt stuck in the middle. That much as you love aunt, you'd rather handle the situation between you and EG on your own.

That way, you don't have Aunt telling EG that you actually do want to see EG.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

My sweet daughter and I have a plan. We are going to have my daughter's best friend come over and pretend to be another one of my daughters and see if EG notices.
                              Better plan, don't be home.
                              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                              X