Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most misunderstood cartoon character.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most misunderstood cartoon character.

Wile E. Coyote (Super Genius).

All he wanted to do was have some dinner but no, everyone has to cheer for the road runner.

Nope, they'd rather see a coyote starve to death as opposed to a quick death to the road runner so he can eat.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I always hated the Road Runner.
    I always cheered for Wile E.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Wile E. Coyote was a genius with his plans, it's just that they were poorly executed. Love his cartoons!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It wasn't the execution that was a problem, it was shoddy tools. *cough*Acme*Cough*

Comment

I always cheered for the coyote

I also cheer for the dragon over the knight, and the shark in Jaws
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

If the coyote had all that money for his failed Acme products and inventions, he certainly had enough to go out and buy a rotisserie chicken.

Lol. One of my favs though. Nothing beats classic cartoons.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              If the coyote had all that money for his failed Acme products and inventions, he certainly had enough to go out and buy a rotisserie chicken.
              Thank you! You'd think if Acme could get him his rocket-powered roller skates in 5 minutes, a pizza joint could get him some chicken wings in 20.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Elmer Fudd. He just wanted that waskly wabbit.

Idk, since we were on the topic of those such characters.

I'd also say Beavis and Butthead. They were just two moronic teenagers, what did people really expect out of them?
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Thank you! You'd think if Acme could get him his rocket-powered roller skates in 5 minutes, a pizza joint could get him some chicken wings in 20.
                  But were pizza delivery joints that prevalent in the '50's? And especially in the middle of the desert?

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Wile E. Coyote (Super Genius).
                    "I love how that sounds... Wile E. Coyote, SUUUPER genius."

Anyone else remember their guest appearance on "Night Court"?
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

The Road Runner's smug "beep" always got on my nerves.

I still hope that one day, some day, Wile E. Coyote can get him. I seriously do.

Another misunderstood character? Tom. Poor guy is asleep and gets harassed by Jerry half the time. I can't blame him for wanting to strangle the daylights out of the obnoxious little rodent.
                      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I refused to watch Tom and Jerry as a kid because I felt bad for Tom
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Why didn't he get his Road Runner stuff through amazon.com? Acme was the cartoon version of Wal-Mart...lol.

Comment

I recall a similar thread about this on another board, and someone pointed out a BB cartoon starring him, wherein it's apparently shown that he does have his food delivered.
                            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                              The Road Runner's smug "beep" always got on my nerves.

I still hope that one day, some day, Wile E. Coyote can get him. I seriously do.
                              When I was a boy, pumping trucks full of diesel, 80% of the truckers had stickers by the tank caps with Wile E. giving the Runner a nice, warm, tight handshake around the neck.
                              The speech baloon said:

"Beep Beep yur ass! I said #2 diesel!"

(#1 diesel is a lighter (lower boiling/congealing temperature) & more expensive grade sometimes used in cold weather)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X