This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X-Files

I have to admit, I am an X-Files newb. I've seen the occasional episode when I was younger, but not enough to get into it and understand what was going on. I've just recently started watching, and I love it. Currently in the second season, with the first three seasons on DVD.
    DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
    Nicholas Angel: Like who?
    DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
    Nicholas Angel: Who else?
    DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

I LOVE The X-Files. I think it's the best TV ever made in the history of ever. And AD Skinner is my man. I told my husband if I ever see that guy I'm going to be on him like a duck on a June bug. He said that was OK, but only because he's AD Skinner (and Darby in Sons of Anarchy).

May I make a suggestion? Skip the last couple seasons. Preserve the show as it was and not as what it became. Of course it's entirely up to you, but my recommendation is to skip it and write your own ending.

The first movie (Fight the Future) is great and actually goes a long way toward explaining the government conspiracy, but the second movie (I Want to Believe) is pretty lame.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I always wanted that "I Want to Believe" poster, than found out it was just a prop.

I remember some of the stand-alone episodes fairly well, but any sort of "plot" that spread out across several episodes/seasons is lost to me.
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

2nd movie was terrible.

Last few seasons weren't that great.

Krycek rules.

LOVED THAT SHOW
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I am an X-Phile. I LOVE X-Files!

I agree with AnaKhouri about the last 2 seasons. Sad, really.

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
          I always wanted that "I Want to Believe" poster, than found out it was just a prop.
          Actually, you can buy them on Amazon.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

I'm getting some Christmas money, so I'm braving the crowds at the mall tomorrow and getting season four on DVD. I haven't even finished season 2 yet, but I wanna get it before the sale ends!

Comment

Quoth Eddie The 'Ead View Post
              I'm getting some Christmas money, so I'm braving the crowds at the mall tomorrow and getting season four on DVD. I haven't even finished season 2 yet, but I wanna get it before the sale ends!

Enjoy

I never got the DVDs, but I had a lot of them taped on VHS, hahahaha.

We used to have XFile night at school, we took over the Big TV....and got the approval from the Powers that Be to do so
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Not only did I find season 4....

...I also found season 5, in widescreen! Both on sale too!

Comment

Don't forget "The Lone Gunmen" series!
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    Don't forget "The Lone Gunmen" series!
                    I heard the ratings weren't great, but that it got good reviews. I'll have to check it out.

On another note, I just finished watching the season 2 finale, "Anasazi". Holy shit! The X-Files sure has some awesome season finales. Season three, here I come!

Comment

I never really got to watch very many of the episodes when they were on TV, and now that SciFi channel has them, they're not in any usable order, and often refer to things that happened in the past, so I'm always lost.

I plan to watch them through NetFlix once I clean up my queue a bit. I'm almost done with 2 other series' and plan to add more soooon....

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I now own the first seven seasons! Kinda hesitant on getting the last two from what people said. Then again, I'm also a completist, so we'll see

Comment

Working...
                        X