This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feline Parrot!!

I was at my aunt & uncle's condo this evening for an early Christmas gathering for my father's side of the family. They recently adopted an all-black male kitten that they named "Midnight." He's 3 months old. And he decided he liked me a LOT.

After nervously investigating all the new people in his house, he trotted across the back of the couch and jumped into my lap and started purring away (I was sitting in a computer chair I'd rolled over to the end of the couch). He stayed there for quite a while, then when off.

Then, he reappeared and hopped up into my lap, then immediately hopped up onto my right shoulder and laid down for a nap!! That was a new one on me. I've had cats decide to nap in my lap before, but never on my shoulder, with his hind quarters pressed against my neck

After a while, he got up, rotated 90 degrees clockwise, and laid down so he was "draped" over my shoulder and stayed that way for a while. Then he got up, walked over and sat up in my LEFT shoulder, like a parrot on a pirate captain's shoulder.

I think Midnight was sad to see me leave.

Yes, there are pictures.....no I don't have them.....but I'm working on it.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

First, I have to tell you, it is not that odd for a cat to sit like that. It was odd for me when my first cat did that, but only because he was a Big Honking Cat of 18 freakin' pounds!

Secondly, "feline parrot." Hmmm....cat parrot....cat-rot.....CARROT!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Dave, if he craps on your shoulder, and starts "preening" your hair, then he's gone full-on parrot on ya!

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

I've had our youngest kitty at the moment drape himself over my back. Always fun....>.<

But that is reallly cute
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've had some experience with kittens, and while I've had both kittens and cats on my shoulder when PUT there, I've never had one leap up there of its own accord.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
          X