X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Solstice!

AT 12:47 pm Eastern Time.

I think I'll pop out for a little bit...just to be out when we are offically in winter.

As I mentioned, I have SAD, and I am determined this year to kill it. So I will love winter. Starting with the Solstice.

I need mulled wine.
    Last edited by Cat; 12-21-2009, 03:34 PM. Reason: typo in the time
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Mulled wine is easy.

Grab a few whole cinnamon sticks, a handful of (unground) dried cloves and allspice berries, dried orange peel, a couple of orange slices, a bottle of full-bodied red wine, and a cup of orange juice (can substitute brandy or water for this). Throw it all in a pot on the stove, and bring it up to just under simmer.

Add a dash of nutmeg and drink!

Comment

Winter makes me sleepy. Wake me up at the Vernal Equinox.
      "But I don't want to be among mad people."
      You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Welcome Yule!

I offer you a drink we call a Broken Leg.

It's warm sweet cider with ginger, a cinnamon stick and a bit of brandy.
        Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Hapy Yule / Solstice all! No celebrations for us, busy busy busy!!!
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Happy Solstice! And I'm with the Op, it really IS happy when you consider Winter is half over. I HATEHATEHATE winter. Hate. It.

I am convinced its cold in Hell. And windy. And extremely, blindingly sunny.

I want to (in no particular order)

1. Drink.
            2. Sleep.

I could add a number three and say "bitch." But I think you know me well enough to know that is a given.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              Winter is half over.
              Er, the Solstice is the first day of winter. It's just begun.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My Solstice walk was fun!! I left in the Fall, I returned in Winter, tee hee
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Er, the Solstice is the first day of winter. It's just begun.
                  But it's the point where the days start getting longer again. It's the shortest day of the year. Up to this point, the days were getting shorter. After it, they get longer.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    But it's the point where the days start getting longer again. It's the shortest day of the year. Up to this point, the days were getting shorter. After it, they get longer.
                    Yes, but it's still the first day of winter, both by meteorological standards and astronomical.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Whatever, I don't care anything about that.

I just want it stop getting colder and darker and start getting warmer with longer days.

Beginning of winter, middle of solar cycle, end of Fucking Freezing Hell On Earth. Just as long as it goes past the worst point and starts getting better.

Comment

I, too, am affected by the change of seasons. I just remind myself that one of the best things about winter is cozying up to a warm fire, all nicely bundled in a fuzzy soft blanket with a good book and a yummy beverage (mug of tea, glass of wine, snifter of brandy....). Hubby likes to cuddle more in winter, too.

A course, I'm sitting her on the 'puter and he's asleep. But that's because my nose is all stuffy and so I can't breathe good and therefore can't sleep. I'm getting tired tho, and I have a ton of stuff to do (as per usual) in the morning, so I'm gonna go snort a bunch of Alcolol and try to get some zzzzs.

G'night and happy solistice everyone!
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Yay Happy Solstice everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X