Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009 Christmas Gift Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2009 Christmas Gift Thread!

Well, there are a couple of threads about Christmas Gifts that people have received already, so I thought I'd start this so we can keep a compilation all in one thread.

My husband and I did Christmas between the two of us on Saturday. We had each gotten each other several small gifts and we are flying tomorrow morning to see his parents so we won't be home on Christmas Day, so we figured we'd do our gift exchange early.

I got him:

A "Ceiling Cat Is Watching YOU!" t-shirt
    Two lolcat mugs (one says "I can has cheezburger?" and other one says "You ated my cookie " both with accompanying pictures)
    A Nintendo version of Monopoly
    A new case for his D&D miniatures and a couple of new miniatures to go in it (he has a case already but it's nearly full!)
    A One on One D&D module (basically a small adventure that's designed for 1 DM and 1 Player, I figured it'd be a lot of fun for just the two of us)

He got me:

A 6 cup muffin tin (I already have one with 12 cups but usually when I make muffins or cupcakes I end up with a bit too much batter and don't know what to do with it!)
    A set of cookie cutters <3
    The first five volumes of the manga "When They Cry" (We recently finished watching the anime and I LOVED it)
    A Chocobo plushie
    Something else that was backordered and isn't here yet, but I think it's being delivered today!

I kind of suspect that the last item that I haven't gotten from him yet is some kind of video cable that will let me record when I'm playing stuff on the Wii. I like to do speedruns of some older games and have been bugging him to look for a way for me to record them.

I also got an early Christmas present from my parents around Thanksgiving, a shiny new Dutch Oven. I love it! I've probably used it at least 5 or 6 times in the last couple weeks, for everything from chili to ribs.

I haven't opened any gifts yet, but my coworkers have given me stuff!

Art Girl; A $25 Amazon gift card! I wanted to use it to pre-order Defying Gravity on dvd, but I guess it doesn't work for preorders. SIGH. Have to wait.

Web Design girl: a tube of Christmas candy with a snowman who does flips! See how cute he is??

ETA: Oh, and my grandmother found out that getting a new car battery is on my list of repairs for the car, so she's offered to have my battery replaced as a Christmas gift.
    Last edited by JoitheArtist; 04-06-2010, 05:24 PM.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I alreay mentioned what I have gotten

This is what I got peeps:

bf:
      a new hydration pack (he picked it out)
      I filled it with a Star Wars Lego set, a Boba Fett action figure, and a book on his faveorite Nascar driver

mom:
      sweater
      book
      money towards the morgage

dad:
      large framed pic of Fenway park
      baseball card of Ted Williams
      money towards morgage

brother
      Yankees pocket watch

and various lil things for friend and family.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I got my husband 2 sets of basic Legos, I'm thinking about getting him a Star Wars lego thing too, but haven't decided yet.

Everyone else gets homemade stuff - some scarf/hat sets, some baked goods. I also made gingerbread ornaments to use as gift tags. They aren't supposed to be edible, but the dog really loved them! (I dropped 1 that she ate, then she tried to get a broken one off the coffee table - she NEVER does that, so it must have been good). (They are made with regular ingredients but have a LOT of molasses in them to make them extra hard.)

I've asked for B&N gift cards so I can order the Nook reader. Husband is supposed to make up the difference. I won't get that til sometime in January (I'm not sure what the available date is now, after Thanksgiving it was 1/4/10).
        TANSTAAFL

Comment

Let's see....so far I've gotten a small bag of baked goods and someone to cover my shift for tomorrow at work. Won't be getting anything else until either tomorrow or on Friday but I believe I've got a pack of pens for writing that's neatly wrapped under the tree.

I've made my mom some jewelry and two wooden models, one is a fish and the other is a frog. Also made an aunt a scarf and am giving various gift cards to family.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Lessse..

So far, my manager got me a Carhart knit cap, the AA got me some Christmas themed cookie cutters.

And now, what I got other people.

AA and Manager = 12 coffees of Christmas (sampler from walmart)
            Mom = Under the Dome by Stephen King, and a Santa cake plate and matching serving knife/utensil.
            Dad = A book about Carlos Hathcock (famous sniper) and a book on scuba diving hand signs.
            Brother = Pistol frame for the Wii and a pair of really nice socks (they have a lifetime garantee....)
            Brother's finance = Wine glass with her inital on it, and a bottle of her favorite wine.

Oh, this afternoon, I brought back the manager and the AA a Hersheys bar. (I needed chocolate............................)
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Blergh, I forgot to post what I got for others!

Best friend, who is beginning to learn Asian cooking: set of square plate, set of rice bowls, several sets of chopsticks, plus some noodles and Japanese candies.

Other best friend: two Star Wars books by Michael Stackpole that she's been wanting

2 friends + dad: signed books from one of our favorite webcomics.

Dad: an ornament shaped like the Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story

Mom: the game Apples to Apples

Sister: Amazon MP3 gift card

Art Girl: book of office pranks.

Other Art Girl: book of spoofs of product labels
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

So far, I have only opened gifts from my supervisor and shift lead. I got a box of chocolates (which I'm going to share with bf) and a cute snowman ornament.

Since I am a lot better off this year, I went all out for my family and boyfriend.

I got my father a digital coin counter, so he can know how much he's got in there at all times. I also got him a genuine terry cloth bathrobe.

I got my brother a dress-shirt from AE and also a fuzzy zip hoodie.

I got my mom a set of nice pajamas and a gold necklace that says "Mom" in diamonds on it.

And I got the bf the newest Giorgio Armani cologne (oh it smells SO good!) that also comes with a shirt, an electric shaver thingy, and a Ralph Lauren zip up hoodie.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

So far, the only gift I've opened...was the one from me That is, the long-out-of-production 1/12 scale 1937 Cord 812 model kit by AMT. What can I say, other than the price came down, and you don't see that kit often. Other than looking at the instructions, I haven't done much to it. But, I do know that some of the parts are going to be used to make copies...so I can repair the *other* '37 Cord in my collection
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My "gift" to the family is to buy the supplies and fix Christmas dinner. Mama couldn't manage to get anything in between work and everything that's been going on here lately, so I'm stepping up and doing the ham dinner with all the fixings.

Comment

Got a little wooden caddy filled with bath stuff (scrubby, pumice stone, massage roller thingy, brush) from my one coworker, and a $50 Gap gift card from my former boss.

I know I'm getting an iPod from my parents on Christmas..
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

well I got a cape from my friend...seen here.

a wooden dragon that I had to put together but moves ^^.

a new set of purple and gold dice.

homemade shortbread (with rum).

dragon food....(will have to take a picture to give the full effect.)

A new folding chair for the gaming group since I host so often at my house and ALWAYS lack one extra seat.

a new couch and love seat ^^
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I got hubs this *NERD ALERT* : WOW MOUSE

Also a bunch of shirts and movies and little things.

My kids have too much stuff to list, just a bunch of toys. I usually get them a lot of video games but im committed to them finding other things to do, so I got them one each and lots of board games and similar things.

IDK what im getting. I have to wait til Xmas morn.

Happy gifting all!

Comment

I know Mom is giving me Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on PS2 and a stuffed cat she made.

Mom- Walton's Christmas movie, The Homecoming; The Walton's Complete 1st Season on DVD; The Matrix on DVD; two wooden snowmen ornaments; and a snowman I crocheted the other day.

Mom's Younger Sister/Husband- stuffed Coke-A-Cola bear, from 1980s with tags; Coke-A-Cola tin; Coke-A-Cola tote bag; 2 quilled snowflake ornaments; some of their favorite candy; and a $25 gift certificate from Restaurant.com

Mom's Older Sister/Husband- Charlie Brown Christmas tin, Stuffed Snoopy, Christmas mouse ornament I crocheted, 3 quilled snowflake ornaments, coffee sampler pack, and a $25 gift certificate from Restaurant.com

12-year-old female Cousin- Assortment of notebooks, gel/colored/scented pens, erasers, magnets, and stuff she can stick in her locker; a black cat tote bag; a bag that kind of like a basket; The Princess Bride on DVD; some magic towels; some crafts; and a promise to finally get around to finishing making her 10th Doctor & Rose Tyler dolls.

Comment

"Chinese Auction" gift from the Foster Parent Christmas Meeting, I got a Christmas snowglobe and a craved angel, both of which I collect.

Secret Santa at work a glass globe plant waterer shaped like a flower and some wine glass charms.

I probably won't have a whole lot to add to this, since I don't expect I'll get a whole lot from my family. I asked them not to buy for me because I couldn't afford to buy for them.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X