Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009 Christmas Gift Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Are you flying home? You could always ship it to yourself...don't know if a wok would fit in the post office's flat rate shipping boxes...
    Some of the stuff will, but my biggest concern is the wok. And the picture frames. They're kind of...big. I need to measure them to determine just how big and then hit a shipping supply store or something.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      Some of the stuff will, but my biggest concern is the wok. And the picture frames. They're kind of...big. I need to measure them to determine just how big and then hit a shipping supply store or something.
      Don't know what they charge, but I do believe the UPS store will pack them for you.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

saw the bf

He got me:
        White Mountain Guide
        Oracle of Ages Manga
        lovely white jade cat pendant
        lovely celtic knot pendant with blue topaz.

Boy done did good

Now I owe him many legos for his bday
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Incoming, a chocolate orange, a toblerone, and some underwear.

Outoing, quite an order of magnitude more.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            I think I'll be getting the latest at birthday time.
            Yes. Yes, you will.

Becks, does the new shirt you got for me count as a Christmas present?
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

This year I got a couple things I needed, and a couple things I wasn't expecting.

My old beard trimmer was losing its ability to hold a charge in its battery, so my mom got me a nice new Norelco beard trimmer that's MUCH nicer! It works a lot better than the old one!

I was also given the Complete 5th Season of LOST on DVD.

For the last few weeks, I've been borrowing the Xbox 360 game Borderlands from my best friend, because he only played it a few times before getting interested in a different game. On Christmas day, he called me and told me to go ahead and keep it. That was his Christmas present to me!

BTW, those of you that have an Xbox 360 or a gaming PC, don't play Borderlands. I'm warning you now. Most addictive game in YEARS! For the sake of your friends, family, and loved ones, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! Not unless you're prepared for the consequences of disappearing for several weeks, and having them hate you for being so anti-social!
              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-28-2009, 06:07 AM.
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                Becks, does the new shirt you got for me count as a Christmas present?
                If you want it to.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I now has:

* a lovely Chinese Calligraphy Set (all capitals to show how much I've been yearning for one). It isn't of greatest quality but great for beginners.

* Martha Stewart's Cupcake book

* Plush-o-rama: Curious Creatures For Immature Adults -- a how-to-book for quirky and fun plushies.

* Kitchen-aide, 4.5 quart mixer

* flat iron.

* Two silk scarves

* Angels and Demons. I'm sad to find out the story was changed a bit from the original printing.
                  "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

One of my friends got me anoth set of travel bamboo utensils Now I have no excuse to not carry 'em (I can leave one set on each bag....hmmm thenI might need one more set) and a vegan soup cookbook ( I have so many cookbooks now, I should get cooking!)

Treated myself to a new pocket knife, book on the AT, and a Tuckerman's patch ( I totallt do not need the knife, I just love 'em and can keep once big knife in each of my packs)

the BF treated himself to a PS3 and misc goodies for it, and he told me he picked up a few more things for me (totally uneeded, but he was having fun shopping)

Good thing I have the cookbooks, we probably won't be going out to eat for a while, lol
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

My Christmas present from Lizziebeff finally got delivered yesterday.

I am now the proud owner of a snazztastic bodice dagger.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Got the last bit of my Christmas today - a netbook! A Dell Inspiron Mini from Best Buy. It's purple!!
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Or they are like my family.

My parents use the stockings to give basic things that someone might need, but aren't necessarily "WOOT!" type presents. Stuff like batteries, socks, Tic Tacs, hand soap, etc. Your basic necessities, depending on who you are (for me maybe beer coozies, etc.), but stuff that is not all that impressive. Little stuff.

Like hand soap.
                          Unfortunately, these were not in my stocking, but in gift bags (DH and I exchange stockings by ourselves, not w/ the whole family around). I'm actually more puzzled by my MIL giving out hand soap. DH's cousin gives Bath and Body Works hand soap pretty much every year, so it's expected. My MIL, however, almost never gives actual physical gifts. She much prefers to just hand you a bank envelope w/ a 50 or 100 in it. She says it's because she doesn't know what to get anyone, but really it's because she's too lazy to find out what anyone might want or need. Why she decided to also hand out grocery store brand hand soap this year in addition to the money is just
                          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            $25 B&N gift card...no stores within a reasonable distance though
                            I'm pretty sure you can use those at their online store.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                            X