This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Jester.

We'll be having Christmas at my brother's home. His wife just loves to cook, and his granddaughter will be tearing up the place.

(Wow... my brother's a grandfather... she's 5 and I still can't wrap my brain around that thought...)

So, it looks like a nice family get-together this year.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Explain? Maybe I can help. My mom is a Championship Wrapper, and I have learned quite a bit from her.
      It's just two glass measuring cups, 2-cups and 4-cups (the pitcher-type, with a handle and spout). I found a big gift bag, padded the bottom with a big crumpled up plastic bag and the paper the store wrapped the cups in, and then used Christmas paper to re-wrap the cups themselves, then stacked the small one inside the big one, and topped with red tissue paper. They just have to survive the trip to my parents' house. (And should they break, they cost all of 7 bucks total).

Speaking of parents' house...I need to be there in approximately 8 hours, so I'm goin' to bed.

Merry Christmas, all.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BE, sounds like you have it well in hand. Or to use a bad pun, it sounds like you have it in the bag.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          BE, sounds like you have it well in hand. Or to use a bad pun, it sounds like you have it in the bag.
          Ha. Ha. Ha.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, I live 400 miles from my nearest family members, so I get to spend Christmas by myself for the 5th year in a row.

Bah Humbug.
            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I don't think the Christmas spirit hit me until I dreamt about suger cookies the other night.
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
                I live 400 miles from my nearest family members...
                I live in the Florida Keys. As for my immediate family....

My parents live 2,550 miles away, in Arizona. (1,942 miles as the crow flies...but I'm not a crow.)
                My stepsister lives 2,500 miles away, also in Arizona. (I'm still not a crow, so don't ask.)
                My little sister lives 4,500 miles away, in England. ('m not a crow OR a fish!)
                My stepbrother lives 1,200 miles away in New Jersey.
                My older sister lives 1,700 miles away in Colorado.*

400 miles? Child's play. Shit, I am driving 500 miles tomorrow to move my niece back here, another 500 miles I get to drive on Monday. 400 miles. As IF!

*(Frankly, I wouldn't mind if that particular relative was 17 THOUSAND miles away. She is not a pleasant person. That being said, I DO like the rest of my family....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  400 miles? Child's play. Shit, I am driving 500 miles tomorrow to move my niece back here, another 500 miles I get to drive on Monday. 400 miles. As IF!
                  Seeing as how I don't drive, they may as well be 4000 miles away.
                  I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Thanks for the kind thoughts. We did have an excellent Christmas, I hope you did as well. My brother and his family visited along with my Dad, and we did some stuff with good friends.

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                    I know how you feel. Last Christmas was just over two months after I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer. Not the cheeriest of times, but I tried valiantly to keep the spirit alive, as mom always loved CHristmas. Of course, trying to decide on a gravestone after opening present was kind of a mood killer. Your post made me tear up a bit. It's hard, but if you and your family can come together and lean on one another, you'll make it through. Best wishes & condolences to you!
                    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
                    X