This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Hug!

Ian my beloved husband got rushed into hospital today with Pneumonia and undiagnosed Diabetes. He's stables thankfully and was awake when I left him last and I'm about to go back.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Oh, I am sorry!! ((((hugs)))) I'm so glad he's stable and at the hospital where he can be helped. Also glad he's diagnosed now so he can fight it! I'm sure you'll keep us posted. Prayers/good thoughts for you two. <3
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh no, what a horrible way to spend Christmas! I'm so sorry! *lots of hugs* Definitely keep us posted how he's doing...take care and stay strong, we are all here for you!

Comment

Keep us updated?

Rapscallion

Comment

She gone to the hospital to visit him but will be back in a bit, I'm sure she will keep you updated and many thanks from us both (I'm her sister) for the support.
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Sending healing thoughts and hugs.

I went into the hospital, almost a year and five months ago, with what ended up being Pneumonia. While there, I was diagnosed with, and treated for, a (fortunately very treatable) form of Leukemia.

So, sometimes these scary events can be a bit of a blessing in disguise.

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

He's very poorly so they put him to sleep and on a ventilator to help his breathing and are going to keep like that for the next day or so. The diabetes maybe to with the hard fighting his body has been doing and may go after. I'm trying to keep positive. Hold him in your hearts please.
              (from card I got)

Comment

*gives lots of hugs*

Will keep you and your husband in my thoughts. Everything will be fine.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Keeping you in my thoughts.
                  Hope hubby feels better soon.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                    I'm trying to keep positive. Hold him in your hearts please.

Will do.

I don't know if this is the same in Ian's case, but part of the reason for the sedation may be to keep him from fighting the vent. They kept me pretty heavily sedated for about 3 or 4 days.

I went into the ER late on a Monday afternoon, and I last thing I somewhat clearly remember is of all things, the insertion of the catheter, and being asked if I wanted a shot of morphine.

I then vaguely remember waking up later at night, in a panic, after a strange dream/hallucination. I had ended up ripping the ventilator out. So, they put restraints (just light ones, not heavy straps) on my wrists. Later on, one of my friends with nursing experience, said that fighting the vent is fairly common.

The next thing I remember somewhat foggily are visits from a couple of friends on Friday. Apparently I was awake during some of the visits friends had made in the previous days, but I don't recall them at all.

So, hang in there, and as tough as it is, try to keep staying positive, because that's what Ian needs, and I know a big part of getting me through my thing, was the emotional support of friends and family.

Mike
                    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                      Will do.

I don't know if this is the same in Ian's case, but part of the reason for the sedation may be to keep him from fighting the vent. They kept me pretty heavily sedated for about 3 or 4 days.

I went into the ER late on a Monday afternoon, and I last thing I somewhat clearly remember is of all things, the insertion of the catheter, and being asked if I wanted a shot of morphine.

I then vaguely remember waking up later at night, in a panic, after a strange dream/hallucination. I had ended up ripping the ventilator out. So, they put restraints (just light ones, not heavy straps) on my wrists. Later on, one of my friends with nursing experience, said that fighting the vent is fairly common.

The next thing I remember somewhat foggily are visits from a couple of friends on Friday. Apparently I was awake during some of the visits friends had made in the previous days, but I don't recall them at all.

So, hang in there, and as tough as it is, try to keep staying positive, because that's what Ian needs, and I know a big part of getting me through my thing, was the emotional support of friends and family.

Mike
                      Thank You for this. It helps so much to know that someone has been there and is okay. I've been doing well in front of Ian and breaking down when I'm not.
                      (from card I got)

Comment

*many hugs and prayers*
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

******many hugs and good thoughts*******
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Big squishy hugs and good thoughts to both of you.

Fuzzy and Mishacat say Mrow too.

Cutenoob
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

That's terrible news to hear . . . please keep us updated and me and my four legged kids (the doggies and the kitties) send get well soon wishes and prayers.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X