This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas fun

So I wound up heading north yesterday to do a Christmas lunch with most of my extended family. Things went OK for the most part, but the highlights of the day went as follows.

-One of my dad's cousins bringing along a shock pen and making people write stuff down. Of course, when you go to click the pen, it shocks you. I dropped the pen and swore quite loudly....

-My great-aunt (whose house we were at) provided all the lunch, which we thought was nice of her, but of all the foods, she forgot the HAM! So later on, while we were all relaxing, she was going around with the tray of ham and offering it to people.

-My little fourth cousin (who's about 8 months old now, he and my second cousin are a week apart) joined us for lunch. He kept squirming in his high chair while we were eating, so his mum (my third cousin I think?) bought him over and sat him on her lap, so she could eat and he could have a bottle. Halfway through the bottle, we're all looking over and he just fell asleep in her arms...it was quite funny...one minute he's wide awake, the next....

-Said cousin is also crawling, and standing while holding something, whether it be hands or a table. The jokes went around freely at that point, as one of my dad's cousins is quite shorter than most of us (my grandmother excepted) and joked that he was taller than someone for once . Turns out that little fourth cousin has quite a bit of speed on him and was crawling around under the dining room table quite quickly.

-One of my dad's cousins by marriage had her sister, her husband, her dad and her three children joining us. The three kids and the dad wound up dressing up like santa and the elves (including one of my third cousins) so they could hand out presents to their side of the family. (My family, my grandparents, my aunties and my cousin weren't part of that) Hoo boy, everyone got spoilt.

So how was everyone else's Christmas?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Halfway through the bottle, we're all looking over and he just fell asleep in her arms...it was quite funny...one minute he's wide awake, the next....
    Little kids can sleep just about anywhere, in just about any position. I envy them
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Little kids can sleep just about anywhere, in just about any position. I envy them
      Me too . . . I'm experiencing issues with stiffness in my bones and joints now no matter what position I sleep in.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X