Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lupo, that sucks. They should have realized all the work you put into that and said "We're so glad you're here! Why don't you come sit down and talk with us?" It would really be that easy. If you aren't hungry, sit at the table, enjoy the family and conversation. You don't have to eat.

I think your parents were being very rude. There was a way to fix it very easily without being rude to anyone and without hurting anyone's feelings. Instead, they seeming chose the step-children over you. I can see why that would hurt.

*HUGS* If it makes you feel better, just thinking about that food made my mouth water. I bet it was *GOOD*.
    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Update

Well, we finally sat down and had the meal about 2 hours after it was cooked. I did have to remake the cheese sauce, though because it ended up congealed. Sister (a.k.a. The She-beast) again tried to tell me I was being a drama queen, but mama said she was sorry, and kind of gleaned that I was upset considering I hid in my room most of the night. We ended up with still more visitors in the middle of dinner, but this time, they were invited to sit around and eat with us, or at least sit with us and talk.

The ham was easy enough to heat up, and the potatoes were still hot. The rolls stayed nice and warm because I bundled them in a bowl wrapped in a towel and stuck them on top of the stove on an unlit burner. Residual heat kept them warm. The broccoli couldn't be resteamed without turning to mush, so I nuked it in the microwave quickly, and it maintained texture nicely.

All in all it was a well received dinner, and I was able to sit down with my mom and explain why I was upset to begin with. She understood, and thanked me for all the hard work, and assured me everything still tasted wonderful. I'm still iffy about the cheese sauce though. I think the first batch tasted better, but that's just me.

Although, mom insisted on having leftovers for dinner, and asked me to make the rolls into a loaf of bread for a second batch, so that's always a good sign. I do feel better being able to get that off my chest and talk about it with my mama. That and ODing on Christmas cookies helped, too. Butterscotch spice cookies with egg nog. YUM.

Comment

I agree, they should have eaten dinner. Yes, Miss Manners would say it is rude to eat when visitors are not, but this is family, and the visitors said "go ahead and eat"...so you should have eaten. The visitors were the ones who were late, correct? That's rather rude in itself. They knew they were interrupting your dinner. They could also have said "We'll come back in an hour when you've finished eating" when they saw that you weren't going to eat while they were there.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

i think it was rude to of the step siblings to arrive 2 hours late and to NOT eat with you.

Comment

I'm glad you got to talk it out with your mom, and everything still tasted good.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X