Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe it, but.. its disgustingly amazing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe it, but.. its disgustingly amazing.

I have, for about two weeks now, washing my face with oil. So far, my skin has never been softer, rosier, more even in my adult years than ever before. I'm loving it.

The only thing?

Week two reaches the detox stage of the skin. I've broken out a little bit-- nothing that an aspirin or egg mask won't fix. Just a little dot here or there. (so I think, as pimples usually take a few days to dry out, no?)

On to the amazingly gross part:

When I wash, I sometimes feel granules on my fingertips. When I pull my hands away to look its those pesky little black heads coming to the surface. GROSS.

And the grossest ever? I was toning my face with witch hazel today after the oil wash. I ran the little cotton over the two little break outs on my cheek and I look down at it a moment later. (Curiosity, y'know?) and I see that the little zits have popped. I can see the off-white/pussy heads sitting against the starched cotton ball, staring up at me in their gross misery. ::

I've *never* had that happen before when I used any other stuff on my face. I went from a budding break out this morning to just sucked dry in the evening. All I have is a couple of red marks that will fade by morning.

ewww.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

I'm one of the greasiest people I know, and the nastiest thing in my life are WHITEHEADS.

I don't get blackheads. I get whiteheads. Big, ugly, nasty whiteheads. Even though most of my pimples are smaller, little pinhead zits and the occasional or rare medium or large zit, the heads are always huge.

It is so gross.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I do the oil thing before bed, too. Found out about it on another board. Nothing else cleans the pores as well. But I do use a homemade toner and then moisturizer. Toner has aspirin and lemon juice, believe it or not.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, I picked up the idea of OCM from a vintage board. It reminded me of what my gramma used to do and she had amazing skin up to the day she passed. Her hair, too, was gorgeous and she'd oil it once a week with jojoba oil.

I'm still experimenting with the toner, though witchhazel is pretty good for me. The applecider one is a little too strong for me but perfect for hubby.

What exactly do you use on your toner, FL? It may have saved me a trip to the market since I alrady have aspirin and lemon juice at home. Its a staple.
        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Recipies please. I hate having a strawberry nose.

Comment

The best way I've found to deal with whiteheads is to pop them and then soak them with a cottonball soaked with rubbing alcohol. If you get all the infection out of the pore it will literally be completely gone in about a day and a half.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              Recipies please. I hate having a strawberry nose.
              I shall provide you the information when I get home. ^.^

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                I shall provide you the information when I get home. ^.^
                I'd like to get in on that, if I may. It's hellaciously difficult to find good skin care that doesn't cost the earth on a college student budget, and I always end up having to switch out products after a month or two.

Comment

I had bad facial acne (like a lot of kids) when I was in high school. By the time I hit college, my face was clear but I had awful acne on my upper back and upper chest. It finally cleared up by the time I was about 25, but like a previous poster whiteheads were my issue too.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I actually started fighting fire with....water, if you want to put it that way.

Instead of completely drying up my oily skin and pimples, I started moisturizing more. My oily skin is genetic and it's only going to correct itself over time (or maybe not), so there's nothing I can do to prevent oil, just delay it.

Once or twice a week, I make an oatmeal mask. Just a few pinches of dry oatmeal, mix with a few drops of water (just enough to saturate), microwave it for 10 seconds, let it sit for about 15-20 seconds, then add a drop or two of honey and sometimes even a pinch of lemon.

It actually does wonders.

And if you're feeling extra frisky, do an entire oatmeal bath! Winter, reptile-like skin instantly looks fresh!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Blas, thats' actually what one of the girls said. She had the same problems as you: oily skin, teeny pores and white heads. Her derm said that part of the problem was she was drying out her skin too much in an attempt to get rid of the oil and so her skin would produce even *more* oil to hydrate.

So she started doing the OCM and now her 'oil slicks' as she calls them are virtually gone. Hubby has noticed this in his own skin. My oil blend isn't perfect for him though, since he has more of an oily skin than I do he needs more castor oil.

Anyway, should I post the oil recipes here or pm them to those who are interested?

Comment

Well if you do pm them send one my way. I have a banana honey and lemon juice mask that is pretty cool, 1 banana 1-2 tablespoon honey and a teaspoon or so of fresh squeezed lemon or lime. just so it's not to wet and runny, really helps to pull out white/black heads after you've steamed your pours open.
                        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Post them here, please?

If you do decide to PM, I'd like one please!
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

me too please :-)
                            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
                            RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Taken from the Vintage forum: The Fedora Lounge (I love the beauty section. Such lovely ladies)

Quoth "The Fedora Lounge"
                              Re: [Article] The Oil Cleansing Method, as requested.
                              Oil Cleansing Method and treatment or moisturizing oils. The oil is for the cleansing step, and can be used in very small amounts as a moisturizer or treatment left on trouble spots:

Remember that your face cloths should be double rinsed and dried on High in the dryer. This way there are no impurities or buggies to get into your open pores. Also, as indelicate as it may sound, never wash your face cloths with anything that has touched your private parts or your underarms or your feet as these areas are ripe with bacteria, microbes, and fungi that your sensitive face skin can't handle.

Patch test oils on inside of forearm for safety.

1. Skin Cleanser, apply Oil mixture without water with clean hands.
                              2. Massage well, concentrating on areas where pores are clogged or enlarged.
                              Don't forget around the lips and the neck.
                              3. If applying over makeup, tissue off the grunge and then add more oil and massage some more.
                              4. Steam Face with very warm cloth for at least 2 minutes. It is helpful to use two cloths as this holds the heat in better.
                              5. Wipe face well and splash with cool water.

For moisturizer, 2-4 drops of the oil mixture can be spread over the face and neck.
                              For treatment of scars, apply 2 times a day.
                              For acne prone skin, Cleanse and splash with cool water 2 times per day, if moisturizer is needed, use carrier oil only.

Oil Mixture (use ml. for parts and mix in a sterilized container)
                              1 part Helichrysum Italicuum or Everlasting
                              1-part Sage
                              15 parts-Carrier oil A (Explained below)
                              15 parts-Carrier oil B (Explained below)

Scars and Stretchmarks Treatment Oil
                              A=Rose Hip Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil
                              B=Hazelnut Oil, Coconut Oil (76 degree), Sweet Almond or Sunflower Oil

Acne Prone Young Skin, Cleansing and Treating
                              A=Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba oil
                              B=Castor Oil, (Or 5-10 parts Castor and the Rest Jojoba or EVOO)
                              Make 2 batches, One simple for leave on around the eyes
                              and one with 1-2 parts Tea Tree Oil for a cleansing and occaisional spot leave on treatment for the rest of the face. Never leave tea tree oil in the eye contour area.

Acne Prone Adult skin or Combination/Oily skin
                              A=EVOO, Jojoba Oil, Apricot Oil
                              B=3 parts Castor Oil, 12 parts EVOO,Jojoba, Apricot, or Sweet Almond
                              If tea tree oil is added (1 part) do not use on eyes.

Normal Skin
                              A=EVOO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot
                              B=EVOO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot, Coconut

Normal to Dry Skin
                              A=Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot
                              B=Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot, Jojoba, Coconut
                              Add 3-5 parts Vitamin E oil

Mature Dry Skin
                              A=5 parts Rose Hip Oil, 10 parts Sweet Almond
                              B=Sweet Almond or Hazelnut Oil
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Eye Leave on Oil for Under Eye Circles
                              1-3 part Helichrysum Italicuum or Everlasting
                              15 parts Sweet Almond Oil

----------------------------------------
                              Exfoliating Salicylic Acid Mask

Crush four regular aspirin well, take out the "skins" of the coating.
                              Mix with aloe Gel, About a Tablespoon

Apply to T-zone and any other areas needing exfoliation (such as backs of arms etc.)
                              Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
                              Remove with damp cloth and gently cleanse.
                              The way I do it, if I have the time is I boil some water or run the tap really hot until steam rises, cover my head with a towel and let the steam rise onto my face after cleansing. I then wipe my face dry with a fleece cloth.

I have found it easier to run the water as hot as I can into the sink and let three small towels soak in there. I then pick up two towels, squeeze dry and put them on my face. I enjoy the compress while I lean back and take a seat on the toilet or lay on the bed. When the top towel cools, I wipe my face with the one closest to my skin, set that towel aside and repeat the process.

I use the toner after I finish cleaning to remove the excess muck, then moisturize. I only wash my face with cool water in the mornings. Some of the ladies advice to do the OCM twice a day until the detox stage is done and over with. I just don't have the time. I go to sleep late and I wake up with fifteen minutes to spare to get ready and run out the door. -snort-

An alternative I use for the aspirin mask is just three tabs to a few table spoons of water as I don't have aloe gel.

I also use 1:3 castor oil to EVO. Hubby is testing out where it is 50% castor oil and EVO. He has bigger, clogged up pores.
                              Last edited by AnqeiicDemise; 12-29-2009, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X