X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who knew...

that dogs could get drunk....or pass their hang overs to thier mommys

Christmas day we went to my brother's house for christmas dinner, and we took the dogs with us. the dog that got drunk was sitting in my mom's lap, and as soon as my brother brought my mom another egg nog martini, she was turned away talking with my brother's girlfriend, and next thing we know the dog has his nose in the glass and most of the martini drunk.

he was absolutly hilarious, he couldn't walk straight, he ended up laying at her feet at dinner not wanting to move, had trouble getting into the car, and fell twice trying to walk up 3 shallow stairs.

I only laugh about this now because he was fine the next morning....*I* some how managed to get his hangover...migraine type headache, and thinking the evil day star was to bright...and it was very over cast that day.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I need video.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I saw my old cat drugged once (picked him up from the vet after he had an abcess in his cheek - from getting in a fight - drained). He yelled the whole way home and then when I opened the carrier in the living room he staggered out like a furry little drunk. 'Twas funny.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ah, memories...

Lady (my Black Lab that passed a few years ago) LOVED beer. We had to be very careful to make sure none of our friends ever left their beer where she could get it. Otherwise she'd drink herself stupid.

A couple of folks I knew decided to be smart and drink from longnecks instead of cups at our house so they wouldn't have to worry. Lady soon figured out how to grab the bottle and tip it up in her mouth. (Of course, dogs don't have lips so it was sometimes quite messy.)

This skill was useful to her the rest of her life as she also loved Dr. Pepper. DP posed the problem of screw on lids- which she mastered the art of removing.
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
        X