This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, apparently I'm invisible

and I don't even remember the night of the experiment!

Christmas Eve had my trusty Chevy Trailblazer being smacked into head-on by a big ol' Suburban. She didn't see me stopped in front of her while she was turning into me. I'm here to tell you, my 'blazer won! Of course, I need a new fender and brakes, but that Suburban got the worst of the damage.

So because this was the 3rd time I've been run into by other people in less than six months, I was thinking I should save up my pennies and get my dark green vehicle painted... I was joking about neon orange or highlighter yellow the first two accidents. Now, I'm thinking that would be a smart choice... I gotta do something to get that big target off my car!

Anyone else have any cheaper ideas? My family thinks I'm crazy that I'm worrying about the next accident. But these 3 accidents have been steadily increasing in damage from cosmetic to moderate damage, and I figured while the car was in the shop I'd get a quote on a paint job. It could just need an exorcism, but I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. Help?
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

i understand some one turned into me in august after having not seen me.
    and i had a BRIGHT! white car.
    i lost cause it was a ford Taurus vs. a Jeep Cheroke about 2007-2008.

i would paint it bright maybe not yellow or orange but a brighter green like the VW bug green, a bright red or even a sky blue would be brighter compared to the deep dark colors most cars have.

Comment

wooooow... so sorry Slice, that really sucks. Hope you weren't seriously injured, that's just makes it twice a bad.

And just got a call from the body shop, apparently, accident# 2 where I was rear-ended actually DID damage my back bumper. I had someone look it over at the time and was told the only real damage was cosmetic to the plastic plate over the bumper ... their insurance payed me, but dang it, I'da had it fixed if I'd known it was that bad... sigh. Maybe I can get a cheap, used army tank somewhere instead. Or a steel-body Hummer, I think the GM plant is still cranking out the H3's here for one more year, hmmm. Decisions, decisions... I hate making decisions.

Comment

I'd go with the tank. Then, you'd have artillery.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Are you sure your car isn't equipped with Stealth technology?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Are you sure your car isn't equipped with Stealth technology?
            I never thought of that. There IS an Air Force Base in town...or it's a Klingon Cloaking Device.

My other thought was that someone was 'scenting' my car with that new car smell and that was the attraction. ?? idk, just hoping it can get fixed fast, only have 5 more payments on it...

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
              wooooow... so sorry Slice, that really sucks. Hope you weren't seriously injured, that's just makes it twice a bad.

And just got a call from the body shop, apparently, accident# 2 where I was rear-ended actually DID damage my back bumper. I had someone look it over at the time and was told the only real damage was cosmetic to the plastic plate over the bumper ... their insurance payed me, but dang it, I'da had it fixed if I'd known it was that bad... sigh. Maybe I can get a cheap, used army tank somewhere instead. Or a steel-body Hummer, I think the GM plant is still cranking out the H3's here for one more year, hmmm. Decisions, decisions... I hate making decisions.
              i wasnt hurt, my brother who was driving on the other hand shattered his hand, though if he haddn't swerved when he realized she was going to hit him he would have broken his leg if not a worst injury.

Comment

Go to a truck stop, they will have highly reflective red and white tape which you can put on your bumper and make your vehicle really stand out.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                  I'd go with the tank. Then, you'd have artillery.
                  Don't need artillery with this.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oh, they do have reflective stripes you can tape on your car; they come in little pictures or solid.

Remember, the color of your car can actually change how much you pay in insurance; a red car is more expensive to insure than a white one for example.

I was in a red truck with a yellow flashing light, and got backed-into twice! I don't think color matters; people aren't looking anyway!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      I don't think color matters; people aren't looking anyway!
                      That pretty much sums it up !

Maybe I'll just get a really loud horn instead, something that will pierce through the dense fog of idiocy and inattentiveness strapped inside other cars. AAAHHH OOOO GAH!

Comment

White or red are the easiest spotted colors ((that aren't obnoxious like highlighters))
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                          Go to a truck stop, they will have highly reflective red and white tape which you can put on your bumper and make your vehicle really stand out.
                          Stuff at truck stops is usually extremely overpriced. One thing they do tend to have is free magazines targeted toward truckers - get the "truck and trailer" type, and look for a truck supply place ("Traction" is a big one in Canada, there may be similar ones in the Southern U.S.). These places also sell the "conspicuity tape" (the name for that reflective red and white tape).

Also, I've seen in the WalMart paint department a clear "top coat" type spray paint to turn any painted surface retroreflective (like highway signs). Might be worth a try.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My cousin hit a fire truck. Lights flashing, siren blaring, she hit it broadside, I mean how do you not see that? Anyway, I am afraid even the tape won't protect from the idiots.
                            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
                              I was joking about neon orange or highlighter yellow the first two accidents. Now, I'm thinking that would be a smart choice... I gotta do something to get that big target off my car!

My SUV is bright yellow and people still apparently cannot see me coming in it. I'm not sure how, my 3 yr old niece can see me from 5 blocks away.

Comment

Working...
                              X