This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Comedy

Really old school. I've long been a huge fan of comedy greats such as Red Skelton and Abbot and Castello. Recently, my family has introduced me to Victor Borge. I think I about peed my pants laughing. Santa got me the six disk collection of Victor Borge stuff. 'Tis HILARIOUS! Put it on your Netflicks, folks. Phoenetic Punctuation had me on the ground.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

I love Victor Borge stuff.

Also Marx Brothers.

Comment

Heh, for me Old School comedy is Laurel & Hardy
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

If you like old school comedy, you should see the 1991 movie "Oscar" with Sylvester Stallone. Hilarious!

Comment

Join the club my good man.
          Marx Brothers
          Three Stooges
          Abbott and Costello - Who's on first is brilliant!
          Red Skelton
          Little Rascals
          The Goon Shows
          and more recent Monty Python

The funny bit, people seem shocked I know who these people are, yet I'm 23, too young apparently.

Check out a movie called "The Plank" - The name of the two main actors escapes me at the moment.
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            Abbott and Costello - Who's on first is brilliant!
            Best. Sketch. EVAR!
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
              Best. Sketch. EVAR!
              It really is. Very timeless comedy right there.

Comment

And not the least bit vulgar.

Comment

Who's on first, whats on second, I don't knows on third, todays the pitcher and tomorrows the catcher.
                  Oh and I don't give a darn is the shortstop..

All from memory, hee
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the old school stuff....EXCEPT George Burns, Abbot & Costello, and the Marx Brothers. Brilliant, every one of them.

Never found Bob Hope remotely funny. Despite being American and a guy and it being allegedly a requirement, never been all that amused by the Stooges. Laurel & Hardy? Little Rascals? Vaguely amusing, but to me, nothing special.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I've said it before- I'll say it again... Harold Lloyd is the bomb.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

I have to admit, I can not get enough Smother Brothers though I've been rather lax about finding more of them lately. Marx Brothers movies are one of the things I grew up on!
                        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I once shot an Elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjama's I'll never know. - Groucho

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, its too dark to read. - Groucho

Comment

And none of you have ever sat down to watch the Comedic Greatness that was Wayne and Shuster?

For Shame.

here's an example from 1970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvwaAJc8II

Comment

Working...
                            X