This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

(I didn't see a tread for this year, sorry mods if there is one)

Mine are not major or profound, but I hope to stick to them:

1) Become more serious with my photography, either take a class, find a job in it, or just shoot more and see where it takes me.

2) Hike more. I have a few mountains I want to knock off: Katahdin in Maine; back to Washington (my love) to hike better, stronger (and to make it down in my feet!). Do more of the 48 4000'

3) Try vegan for 1 week, and actually stick to it!

4) Curb my spontanous spending (though with hiking more and photography, I may want new gadgets)

5) Cook more.

6) Kill the SAD forever.

Go!!!!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Hmmmm....

1. Eat more healthily, and also cook more
    2. Walk Hops every day
    3. Kick ass at my job
    4. Plan my wedding without having a nervous breakdown
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Let see....
      • Get in shape
      • Go back to school
      • Increase my ass kicking performance at work by 10 fold...
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

A perennial "favorite" or two for me: learn a foreign language and drop a few pounds.

More as I think of them.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

1) Get my proton pack replica into decent shape by Halloween

2) Get a job, with or without my job coach

3) Learn Japanese

4) Get my jewelry side biz off the ground
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Lose 50 pounds by August
            • Every day (unless I'm sick), I want to wake up and style my hair and do my makeup.
            • Take my medications every day.
            • Maintain a high GPA.

Comment

Only one this year! (Well maybe I'll think of more later...)

Start saving money instead of spending it on things I only want and don't need (like clothes )
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

No More Resolutions. Just change.

(stolen from Sunday's PostSecret.)
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My resolution is to not make any resolutions.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Hmmm...let's see:
                    • improve my health, both mentally and physically by losing some weight and attempting to do more than just sitting around being a hermit
                    • getting my driver's license
                    • getting my basement cleaned out and organized
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

After several years of hearing NOTHING but weight-related resolutions from every single one of my coworkers, I resolved to never make another resolution about weight or exercise again. Not that I won't work on those things, I just refuse to make New Year's resolutions about them. Here's this year's list!

1. Learn to write short stories that are longer than 1000 words and shorter than 15,000.
                      2. Get familiar with sci-fi magazines and try to get a story published.
                      3. Learn to spin yarn on a wheel
                      4. resume yoga because it's the only way to deal with the tension that builds up in my back and shoulders
                      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

...Maybe not so much resolutions as Goals for 2010

* Finish more than 3 consecutive chapters in any or all short stories ((no more slacking))
                        *Finish that damn logo so I can get paid for it.
                        *Go back to school and maintain decent grades.
                        *Get this damn place whipped into shape!

*Spend more time enjoying, and less time worrying about everything.

...That last one is going to be really hard for me.
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Stay current on paying my bills and have more fun with family and friends.

Comment

I vow to love, honor and cherish...oh wait...

I want to:
                            1-drop some dress sizes.
                            2-STOP snacking late at night(that's what's killing me. not literally)
                            3-go outdoors more when it's warm.
                            4-make up more that I won't follow
                            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

This year, the ones that I'll reveal are...
                              • Make a real effort to keep eating a bit healthier than I used to, and that includes eating fewer calories each day than I used to. The ultimate goal there being to lose some more weight. So far, since late spring/early summer, I've lost ≈ 20 pounds, and I still have a way to go to get to my goal weight.
                              • Once my health care coverage kicks in from my new job, I resolve to go get complete physical and mental checkups and find out everything that's wrong with me so I can start getting healthier all around.
                              • Get a new car. My current one's about to hit 200,000 miles, and 10 years with me behind her wheel. She's served me well, but she's earned a rest.
                              • Last, but not least, if at all possible, in 2010 I intend to move out of the D.C./Baltimore area, and out of Maryland altogether. I plan to relocate to an area with a lower cost of living and (hopefully) nicer people, because these people in the Greater D.C./Baltimore Metropolitan Area are really starting to get on my last nerve. I gotta get out of here before I snap.
                              That's everything I can think of at the moment.
                              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                              --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                              X