X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth lordlundar View Post
    Oculus, right?
    No, actually. Oculus isn't that bad since they nerfed the heck out of it. Got an achievement in there just tonight in fact, the speed run. Two achievements to go for my red protodrake, yay! Heh, and they're BOTH in Oculus. It's Halls of Stone that I refuse to run.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
      Since we have a small number of people here who play WoW, and with the recent changes, I thought I'd get a discussion started about our experiences with the new Dungeon Finder.

My experiences so far:

First off, picking out of the list of available dungeons/instances does not give you the rewards that letting the system find one for you, even IF you have quests to complete in that particular instances.

Second, Healers get into groups almost instantly compared to DPS classes. Perhaps it's just my characters high amount of suckage , but mage, hunter, and DK have all had to wait 15 - 20 minutes for a late-night run, and my lowly Shaman gets in within a minute, regardless of the time of night.

Being a healer is actually cool, since really all I have to do is keep the fighters healed and avoid agro. However, it can be a pain in the a** if you have a warlock who thinks he's a tank...

As to the last, one of my many runs through Blackfathom Depths (gawd, I'll be glad when she levels beyond that one) and I have a Warlock, using only an imp (instead of the voidwalker for some reason) and for some reason, he keeps tanking. I don' t know if it's because his imp was drawing agro to him, or if he was just inexperienced, but nothing I could do would convince him to stay out of combat. Until he died and left the group, I was spending more mana healing him than I was on the tank.

Eric the Grey
      Why the hell are you healing a lock? They can heal themselves with potions, health stones, slurping life from the enemy and capping their pet ... they have more options available than most players.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Why the hell are you healing a lock? They can heal themselves with potions, health stones, slurping life from the enemy and capping their pet ... they have more options available than most players.
        Only thing I can say in my defense, is I've not played a lock since the first year of the game, and don't remember much about playing them. Also, he tended to get pounded on badly enough that he would have died (and actually DID die at one point) if I hadn't. When he finally did die, it took us forever to find him, he had ran back out of the room we were in, and I think got killed by a threasher in the water. By the time we found him, he had resed at the graveyard, and then left the party. I still think he was fairly new at the game.

I'll have to remember that tidbit though.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          It's Halls of Stone that I refuse to run.
          Dear god, why? HOS is easy, and soooo much fun if you get players who know the little tricks to make it go smoothly.

We used to hate Oculus but since they nerfed it, I actually look forward to it, and more so since they're sweetening the pot with a chance at the handsome blue. Now if only there was a GREEN true drake to be had, my happiness would be complete. Got my bronze, getting my blue asap...but the green is a lovely lady and I'd sure like her too.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

before you go knocking on locks...I'd like to point out that PRE WotLK I was in a group that was decently geared...no epics....mostly blues, decent gems....we had a warlock TANK Shadow Labs....even to the point we took down murmur.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

ROTTEN dungeon finder today for daily random. Halls of Reflection - wiped despite the paladin nearly soloing Marduk or whatever his name is; then Occulus (which always causes a mass /leave); then Occulus again which at least this time had more guild members and we actually cleared it!

Then I go on my other toon and the first random is Occulus again. Bleah! I'm out this time no matter what. Next one is Violet Hold-- a good one but takes a bit of time-- and I stupidly cast Army of the Dead during the boss who says "Back in business". AARRGHHH!!!!

I wish the guild would make it their priority to do the weekly raid quest instead while there's 10 people there. Admittedly it's Razorscale this week, but we've had Flame Leviathan on farm with just 6 people (and we could probably do 4), and we 9-manned Razorscale once. How hard could it be even if the raid makeup is not 100% optimal?
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post

Then I go on my other toon and the first random is Occulus again. Bleah! I'm out this time no matter what. Next one is Violet Hold-- a good one but takes a bit of time-- and I stupidly cast Army of the Dead during the boss who says "Back in business". AARRGHHH!!!!
                Oopsie :-)

Wind Trader is bleepin annoying! Still mostly rather have him than Ichoron tho.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I wasn't able to run any this weekend. Every time I had a chance to play, I was so tired, I was afraid I'd fall asleep during the instance.

D ran her first couple of instances today as I was getting ready for work. Her group was at the end of Shadowfang Keep and lying dead at the feet of the final boss.

I helped her out the best I could, but she's got some practicing to do. Next week, we're going to party together so I can give her hints as we play.

All in all, she enjoyed it a lot, in spite of getting yelled at for pulling agro off the tank who wasn't fighting back....

Eric the Grey
                  In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                  X