This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumb Problem

Man, today has been odd for me because, well, my right thumb has seemingly lost almost all strength, Now, I'm a lefty by nature but normally my right thumb can perform well enough the same as my left, at least in regards to depressing the button thing on an electric spark lighter, it's like the lighter button has been glued in place, yet i can do it with my left with no effort.

The hell is going on with my body, today i also had a real sharp pain in my tailbone when i sat at a certain angle, I'm wondering if either of these has anything to do with the fact that i fell a few times on the ice last week, in 3 days i fell over 4 times, 3 times landing on my right hip and elbow and the fourth, right on my tailbone.

That's all I need with my foot being the way it is, felling like i've broken a toe or sometihng. Which was impaled by a small drill bit, which come to think about it was in the right position to hit between my foot and the first bone of my toe, in the joint.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

What's going on is that you're obviously related to me; you're a walking disaster! *cookies to you*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The tailbone pain could be bruising that gets hit when you sit at that angle...
      If you have swelling in your elbow at all it could be pinching a nerve to your thumb..

I have problems with my wrists that sometimes causes pain or weakness in my hands, and sometimes I can feel nerve pain shooting up into my arm as well.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        What's going on is that you're obviously related to me; you're a walking disaster! *cookies to you*
        The not amusing accident that I mentioned in PM to you was the Dril lbit.

I'm not all that much a walking disaster, it's just when it happens it happens a lot.

Food Lady, you'll be glad to hear that I've managed to make another 40K army, almost, without any major injury, except for the usual thumb slicing and stabbyness which is inherent in small fiddly pieces and an exacto knife.

Nothing is swollen, which is what mystified me.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          The tailbone pain could be bruising that gets hit when you sit at that angle... If you have swelling in your elbow at all it could be pinching a nerve to your thumb.. I have problems with my wrists that sometimes causes pain or weakness in my hands, and sometimes I can feel nerve pain shooting up into my arm as well.
          I get this stuff, too. Wonder if it's carpal tunnel?
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Well my thumb seems to be on the mend, I can now use my right thumb to light a lighter, though it is still a bit of a struggle.

Comment

Although this has probably happened a few time since, I specifically remember one occasion over 20 years ago now, when I had a pain around my tailbone.

I was mystified, because I hadn't fallen, or had anything else occur, that would suggest injury.

A buddy of mine where I worked at the time, nailed it. It was constipation. Seriously. Once I came up with the right treatment, (prune juice, bran muffin(s) didn't work for me) the pain soon disappeared.

(And boy, did that prune juice work! )

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I get this stuff, too. Wonder if it's carpal tunnel?
                When I went to a doctor about it way back when, they said it wasn't carpal tunnel but it was the same sort of mechanism (in other words, it was affecting different nerves, or something). Which makes sense since everything I've read about CPS says it affects the thumb side of the hand and my pain is mostly in the ring and pinky fingers. I blame senior year of college (since that's when it all started).

Quoth RayvenQ View Post

Nothing is swollen, which is what mystified me.
                There could be swelling around the joint that you can't see from the outside.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X