This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh! Bad and DANGEROUS.

((UPDATE)) so we filled the bathtub with water to filter out the smell. Our water here has always been nice and clear. well... the water in the bathtub has gone from light blue... to aqua marine... and is now a lovely shade of sapphire blue. You can still see though it perfectly clear... it is just tinted sapphire. Do you think this could be the gas?......It's kinda weird. I tried to take some pictures to show you... but they just don't come out the same on the camera.

-update end-

------------------------------------

This morning, just a little while after I got out of my shower the Beau and I started noticing a fairly awful smell lingering around the house. Much like rotten eggs.

...I tracked the source of this smell to the bathroom. Now at first I thought it was a bin of some corn husks. ((I found them yesterday while unpacking and was going to wash them off and use them for a dig box for the ferrets)). So I figured, they got a little wet and started to rot. So we tossed them.

....No luck. The smell, if anything, got WORSE.

So I found out... it's coming from the Bath tub. And I am fairly positive now it is sewer gas. I called the emergency maintenance line for our building and they are going to try and get a hold of the property manager to get it looked at NOW.
    ..But I am not sure how long I can hang around here.

I'm feeling dizzy and disoriented. ((wow... using spell check like crazy also... cant seem to type right.)) and nauseous as all hell. I'm really worried about the animals though. If it is making ME feel like this. I can't imagine how they are feeling.

Yucky.

Keep us in your good thoughts. I'm gonna go take the ferrets outside for a bit.
    Last edited by Red_Dazes; 01-04-2010, 04:12 AM.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Ouch, get some fans going ASAP - even if they're just blowing out.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Opened all the windows I can open and have the two fans which we own blowing the air OUT of the house. I'm still feeling a bit weird, but the smell is not as bad anymore.
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Separate shower and bath tub? If so, the trap in the bath may have dried up. Run water down it.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Separate shower and bath tub? If so, the trap in the bath may have dried up. Run water down it.
          One of the bathrooms in my parents' house has a small stall-style shower that hardly no one uses because there's a bigger shower in the other bathroom. My mom has to run the water in that shower occasionally anyway for this reason; I remember nasty smells coming out of it once in a while when I lived at home.

Hope maintenance can get things fixed up for you quick, RD!

Comment

If I was you I'd call 911. You've got poisonous gases spewing from the sewer drains!

Now I'm not an expert in chemistry, but I've heard that one gas that comes from waste decaying is methane, which is highly flammable. Sounds like a potential health hazard there.

Fuck the maintenance dept. Sounds like the city needs to know about this pronto!

Comment

I agree with ditchdj! Get out girl, this isn't good!
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Thanks for your concern everyone. We filled up the bathtub with water, and after a few hours with open windows and fans the smell is pretty much gone. Our property manager is sending out maintenance first thing in the morning to come take a look. We are all feeling much better after a few trips outside, no more dizzies, and no more sick.

...I'm kinda pissed, I thought leaving our old apartment would end the "What's Next?" Saga.... but apparently we cannot escape! Anyway, just wanted to update you all. If the maintenance guys can't fix it ASAP we will be packing up and heading to moms while they figure it out. I'll keep you in the loop.

^_^
                -Red

Comment

Working...
                X