This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Victor Go The Spoils

I have been embroiled in a bitter, resentful struggle at work with coworkers over charity. Despite the misery that is our clients customers, my actual company is actually rather good as it were and involved in a ton of community events. Our holiday selection was local charities and food banks for which we did a drive over the holidays.

So how does one turn charity into such a dark and bitter struggle? Easy! Challenge coworkers to a battle royale over who can donate the most raw funds over the duration of our drive. Then take exquisite pleasure in exceeding them every time they drop more money on one of the managers. Typically within seconds while standing right next to them while they shake their fist and course your black heart. Do this back and forth for days in the most ruthless fashion possible whilst hurdling colourful obscenities at each other with pirate like bravado.

Then force them to concede defeat so that one can taste the sweet fruit of victory.

I wasn't expecting any sort of prize for any of this craziness. But the HR manager surprised me by giving me a day off of my choosing, with pay, as thanks for the crazy amount I ending up donating.

So yes, we are most pleased at the spoils.

( ok so he gave one to the runner up too, but still! Victory~ )
    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 01-04-2010, 12:10 PM.

I remember when the Victorian Bushfires were occurring. a LOT of stores wound up setting up donation tins. I just kept asking and asking through the day (I chipped in $20 the next day) and guess how much I raised in one day?

about $320.

They had to remove my tin at about 3:30 because I'd filled it up to the brim
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

So ... you paid to have a paid day off work?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        So ... you paid to have a paid day off work?

Rapscallion
        For CHARITY!

My question is, who's Charity? Is she cute?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Me thinks GK's heart isn't quite as black as he makes it out to be.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            ...They had to remove my tin at about 3:30 because I'd filled it up to the brim
            ... Oz never did give nothing to the tin ma'am
            ... That she didn't, didnt already have
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X