This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal!

100-question quiz on my first day of Culinary Foundations III today.

It didn't count as a grade, it was just for Chef to see what you know already...

Even worse... my Chef instructor for this term is French, as in from France (not sure if he's a Conehead, cuz he wears a toque so I can't see, lol). THICK French accent, even though he has been in this country for 25+ years. He is understandable, but if he talks low (his voice does not carry at all... >.< ) or he starts talking fast (or both, gah!) then you have to ask him to repeat himself. He says he is used to that, and it's ok, but I still hate doing it...

Good thing I have lots of friends who were in his class last term, so they can help me if I truly need it, but I think I will do just fine on my own. Getting a true crash-course in spoken French though. I can read it ok (vocabulary base is similar to Spanish and Italian), but conversationally I am not so good.

Personally I want to learn Italian so I can curse someone out and sound cool, lol.
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

German's best for cursing. Not many famous German chefs, though.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      German's best for cursing. Not many famous German chefs, though.

Rapscallion
      I don't like German because of the amount of saliva involved...

Italian sounds cooler.
      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Saliva? That's Welsh.

Just saying 'Guten Tag' with correct emphasis is a declaration of war. Great fun at parties!

Rapscallion

Comment

I want to learn German. I took a year of it in college but I can just barely pick up a few words here and there. Besides...my fiance knows how to speak it very well and I would love to be carry on a conversation in German with him.

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
            Even worse... my Chef instructor for this term is French, as in from France
            A...French...Chef...?

My condolences on your sanity. At what point should we hold the funeral for it?

Honestly, it seems that french chefs seem to be inherently arrogant and self centered. The only food worth having french food and the only french food that's worth having is their food. And if you don't praise their skills every second of your life, then you are no better than a cockroach.

I wish you the best of luck.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              A...French...Chef...?

My condolences on your sanity. At what point should we hold the funeral for it?

Honestly, it seems that french chefs seem to be inherently arrogant and self centered. The only food worth having french food and the only french food that's worth having is their food. And if you don't praise their skills every second of your life, then you are no better than a cockroach.

I wish you the best of luck.
              Lol, you would think he would be the sterotypical French chef but he's very nice and very helpful. I have so far found him to be very pleasant.

He isn't pompous in the least. Heck, my culinary foundations 1 chef instructor was more that way, and he's from Green Bay, WI.

Comment

Working...
              X