Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember back in '94 when it was 15 below zero F!

The fuel line froze on my car and I had to run an extension cord and run a blow dryer along the fuel line for about 20 minutes just to get my car started.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
      Take some WD-40 (or Pam-type cooking spray if you don't have WD-40) and spray the seals all the way around. Do it now before your door freezes shut again.
      I hope it never happens again. Lived here thirteen years and we've never had a door freeze shut. But thank you for the advice...and if it looks like it'll be rainy again and coooold, I'll go out and spray my car.

Comment

I am scheduled to work on the roof deck tonight. All week long, I have hoped I would not have to work this shift, as I really want to watch the NFL playoff games. But I figured that if I did work it, it would be nice so I would make lots and lots of money. My biggest worry was that the weather would be borderline so that I would still have to work, but not nice enough so no one would actually come upstairs.

It is now looking like I won't be working at all. It is cold, rainy, and windy. And by all weather reports and predictions, tonight will be colder, rainier, and windier. Hardly a shift to have your roof deck open. Bodes well for those working in the main bar and dining room, though.

Me? I'll enjoy the weekend off watching football, some it probably with an ex-girlfriend. (Get your minds out of the gutter...we're still friends, and we both like football....that's it.)

I hope management doesn't get overly optimistic on me and open the roof "just in case." That. Would. Suck.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X